SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mrs. BB61 just caught this delivery from FedEx
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. BB61 just caught this delivery from FedEx Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
https://i.postimg.cc/SRZ71kzq/...1127-112424-Ring.jpg

Throwing this box on our porch. Christmas present. Now we've got to open it up and make sure it wasn't damaged.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
FedEx also broke youtube.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yea. I just did a screen shot which doesn't do the throw justice. This link works.

https://ring.com/share/5436274...08-b3e0-33333db5e6eb

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Conversely, just a couple days ago I had a new Olympic weight bar delivered via UPS. Usually UPS just sets whatever it is on the porch and leaves. Sometimes they may knock. They rarely press the doorbell button.

This guy brought it up to the porch, rang the doorbell, and waited!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fedex ground. They suck in our area also.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
They rarely press the doorbell button.

Before we got our shop we used to have our FFL at the house. Got deliveries dang near daily and pretty much all of them required signatures. Amazing to me how little pretty much all of the delivery services rang the door bell. Very light knocks, sometimes so light I’d be sitting on the couch and not even hear them.

You’d think the goal would be to empty the truck. I get they can’t spend 15 minutes hunting someone down at every stop, but I would try my best to get rid of the package. I feel like I would always ring the bell or if I heard people in the backyard in the pool I might give a holler… I don’t get the desire to deliver the same package over and over again… maybe they have a reason

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Watching the video I was thinking that was a gutsy throw considering the person on the sidewalk. What if that person was the home owner? Oh shit, that person was the home owner!

On a side note, our delivery people don’t have to knock or ring the doorbell. Our early warning system lets us know they are there before the truck even comes to a stop. She’s a good dog.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So how was it? I'm dying to know. Also, is the wife's book still out on the porch? Big Grin

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It's an XBOX. I'll set it up tonight and check it out. The actual box inside looked OK I'm just concerned about internal issues with the HD.

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Was the box marked "FRA-GEE-LAY"? Many carriers do no speak Italian.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Big Grin Big Grin I thought the same thing.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Was it a 'major' award? Big Grin

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
It's an XBOX. I'll set it up tonight and check it out. The actual box inside looked OK I'm just concerned about internal issues with the HD.

Is it a Series S? I think those are SSD and should be fine.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice safe neighborhood that your wife can leave her bag/purse outside

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:

It was a book. Thieves don't steal books

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s pure laziness IMO Roll Eyes

God forbid you take an extra 1.5 seconds to set it down gently.

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It has an SSD and appears to work just fine despite the air delivery. Big relief. The thought of having to make a claim and battle FedEx was depressing.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:

It was a hymn book. She had to play in church today. But yes, it's a nice neighborhood.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
People just can’t take pride and do a good job anymore these days. It’s about getting away with minimal work and maximum laziness.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They don’t care. Showing my age here but when they delivered my 60” plasma tv the driver just pushed it off the truck and when one side came down you heard glass breaking. She didn’t even wait for me to help. She saw me walking up. I pushed it right back on the truck. Saw my other plasma and hopped in and carried it off the truck ignoring her rant that I wasn’t allowed on the truck.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post