SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Highly Disappointed In Modern Dishwashers!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highly Disappointed In Modern Dishwashers! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We went from a very outdated 1950's kitchen recently with an old, found-on-FB-yardsale 22+ year old portable dishwasher to a new kitchen with GE Cafe appliances to include one of their highly rated dishwashers.

Well the damn thing doesn't dry anything WORTH A SHIT Mad

Even with it set on the highest and longest drying setting, everything still comes out half wet. I know they made the drying function very wimpy on newer dishwashers for energy-saving reasons but this is really disappointing that we basically have to towel everything off or open it up and let it sit for a day to dry. We do use the rinse aid and make sure it's topped off often.

The old dishwasher got VERY hot and most everything came out nice and dry. The new one also seems to take like 4 hours to run where the old one took 1 hour.

At least I'm not in the boat a friend of mine found himself with a fancy new Bosch dishwasher he bought, he says the thing doesn't dry AT ALL. Frown

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You have the Greta Thornberg model?

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Same experience with our former Frigidaire & our current LG.
The Frigidaire would dry decently if you started it before you went to bed & let it sit all night.

The LG in our new house dries the majority on the bottom rack, less on the top rack & even less on the tiny drawer at the top (flat spatulas & the like).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15251 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Frigidaire would dry decently if you started it before you went to bed & let it sit all night.

That's what I do with my GE and it dries everything perfectly.

Haven't tried taking dishes out when it stops, though, as it stops when I'm asleep.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

That's what I do with my GE and it dries everything perfectly.

Haven't tried taking dishes out when it stops, though, as it stops when I'm asleep.

We still do with the LG, have tried both regular, high heat & night dry options. Still have some wet dishes in the morning.

Prefer damp to dirty though, it at least cleans well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15251 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I do not use the heated dry, I just leave the door open over night and everything is dry in the morning.

Of course, this is a cheap-ass builder's special bottom of the line Magic Chef dishwasher that was original with the house, 36 1/2 years ago. It still works.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30636 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course, this is a cheap-ass builder's special bottom of the line Magic Chef dishwasher that was original with the house, 36 1/2 years ago. It still works.
Back when things were built to last.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
try the local college's women's volleyball team. You might find a good there. Wink

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
My 2 year old Whirlpool dishwasher dries things just fine as long as I have the heat on and the rinse agent reservoir sufficiently filled.

Sorry yours sucks. That would piss me off.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My Samsung is GARBAGE.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Back when things were built to last.
They don't make 'em like that any more.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30636 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

try the local college's women's volleyball team.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So Appliance Brad was right many years ago when he warned where dishwashers were heading in the future. A regular Nostradamus he is or is it was?

And yes, a lot the products design to meet government regulations are crap compared to their predecessors.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You have the Greta Thornberg model?

Scoldilocks is not amused.

Posts: 27916 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got the cheap Amana and it's been flawless.

Made in the USA and everything.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My thirty something year old Worldpool works just fine,just realized all my appliance are that old ,they probably will still be working when the kids clean out the house to the dumpster.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

My thirty something year old Worldpool works just fine,just realized all my appliance are that old ,they probably will still be working when the kids clean out the house to the dumpster.
The old dishwasher is the only major appliance that is original to the 36 1/2 year old house.

Each of the others have been replaced at least twice. The clothes washer is the only one that I really expect to last, it's a Speed Queen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
We just shopped for a new dishwasher and were told that the new models do not have a heated dry function. There was one Bosch or GE model that was higher end that did heat in some manner to dry but "it isn't great". Decided to just fix the current fisher and paykel that does have heated dry, I'll keep her going as long as I can!

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we purchased a new bosch (800 series) about a month ago. It dries well (heated and fan) - even plastic stuff and it cleans so much better than the Kenmore piece of crap it replaced.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Our old dishwasher lasted over 15 years and the new one crapped out after 6 years. The Kenmore we just got about 6 months ago doesn't dry dishes either. It does a half way job of drying if you use the pots/pans setting.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post