SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Drivers License Plus State Or Fed Picture ID To Rent Car?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drivers License Plus State Or Fed Picture ID To Rent Car? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I also work as an Elections Inspector aka poll worker for the local government.

During my training class the question was asked of what forms of I.D. are acceptable.

Michigan law states Federal or State issued I.D. Michigan CPL’s are not acceptable as even though they are imprinted State of Michigan they are county issued and hence not acceptable at a polling place.
It probably doesn't help that there's no address on MI CPL's to match up w/ the voter log.
Florida poll workers have a printed list of acceptable forms of ID. Passport cards and Florida Concealed Weapons Permits are both specifically listed; neither passport cards nor Florida CWPs have the holder's address.

Most of the poll workers are mentally locked in to demanding a Driver License, but that is not a requirement; any of the ID documents that are on the official list will do the job.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I wonder, in AZ you are close to the border, they may be concerned about their car going across?

No, it's a rental I pick up in Kailua-Kona Hawaii

I thought about bringing my Utah CCW as it's got my picture on it and the Arizona CCW doesn't, but thought perhaps a Passport Card would be better.

Quit worrying about it. I go to the state twice a year as I’ve got friends on two different islands and my trips cost me less than $100 a day all in. That’s food, rental car, k9 kennel fees at home, lodging, etc, etc. A week I’m out $700. Two weeks $1500, etc.

That shit is for international people. They have to show a DL from their country + passport. It’s not for US folks with a USA drivers license from any state. You’re fine.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I wonder, in AZ you are close to the border, they may be concerned about their car going across?

No, it's a rental I pick up in Kailua-Kona Hawaii

I thought about bringing my Utah CCW as it's got my picture on it and the Arizona CCW doesn't, but thought perhaps a Passport Card would be better.

Quit worrying about it. I go to the state twice a year as I’ve got friends on two different islands and my trips cost me less than $100 a day all in. That’s food, rental car, k9 kennel fees at home, lodging, etc, etc. A week I’m out $700. Two weeks $1500, etc.

That shit is for international people. They have to show a DL from their country + passport. It’s not for US folks with a USA drivers license from any state. You’re fine.

I'm not at all worried about it, but I'm big on being prepared for any and all eventualities.

I only go to Hawaii once a year since 1983 but I stay 2 weeks. I spend a lot more than you though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Just rented a vehicle last week in Jacksonville, FL. They asked for an ID and I produced a passport card. No other ID required. This was from National where I am an "Emerald" member.

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I rented a car from Budget two weeks ago and needed only my DL.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The criminal class has figured out an easy way to steal cars or rent them for other criminal use is by using fraudulent ID's altogether; or, by claiming they lost their DL and attempt to pass off a picture of a DL on their phone, as their own.

The rental car companies have gotten burned by this practice over and over. I think these ID card requirements, triplicate forms of ID and stuff are their way of trying to discourage this element of society.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post