SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's the 8th of July. I'm sorry you bought too many fireworks, but...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's the 8th of July. I'm sorry you bought too many fireworks, but... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I've written, erased and re-written this bitch three times now.

What it boils down to is I am well and truly OVER fireworks for this year. Not everybody in the neighborhood wants to listen to this shit for half the night.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plan on 2 more weeks of it, at least.

One of my employees is now adjusting to life with 2 thumbs and 6 fingers. Tried resetting a mortar that tilted over on Monday night. Frown

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I just posted this in the meme thread, but it fits this thread too

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Shockingly, we only had fireworks within earshot on the 3rd & 4th.
Typically, they go on for about a week to 2, after the 4th.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I think it's because it's been raining a week straight, but took a break the evening of the 4th.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
It’s over in Utah now…

… until the 24th of July!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have one neighbor that would shoot them onto the roof of your house. You definitely don't want to go away during the 4th.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Bastille Day next week.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I have one neighbor that would shoot them onto the roof of your house. You definitely don't want to go away during the 4th.

A few of my friends were upset I didn't attend their parties, I have idiot neighbors across the street that do the same thing.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not to mention what it does to pets, our hound is upset for a few days after that, combined with the constant daily thunderstorms really causes her issues.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighborhood looks and sounds like CNN Gulf Ear footage for about two weeks. Baghdad on the prairie. My neighbors KNOW there will be no enforcement or consequences and taunt and laugh at those of us who care that it is a fire hazard and stupid. Goes right along with the outdoor PA systems pissing off everyone for blocks around when they have parties. Apparently we should all just “get over it.” That is the way things are, and it is “just a party.” I have had times when the assholes were so loud it was like someone was standing beside my bed screaming at me at threeA A.M. These are the same assholes who are lining up weekly for free food giveaways, but can spend several hundred dollars on fireworks….

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I think it's because it's been raining a week straight, but took a break the evening of the 4th.

Most likely. There was a bit on the 3rd & the usual barrage on the 4th.

With 3 kids (Though my 10 mo old sleeps through it amazingly well) I'm grateful for the reprieve.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Since the wildfires ten years ago they are strictly verboten here. The police will show up at your door if you light off enough to get located.

I grew up with fireworks every 4th. It's my favorite holiday because of that.

I'm sorry your neighbors are annoying, but I really really miss lighting off mortars. Firework shows do nothing for me, half the pleasure is lighting the fuses.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Plan on 2 more weeks of it, at least.

One of my employees is now adjusting to life with 2 thumbs and 6 fingers. Tried resetting a mortar that tilted over on Monday night. Frown

NHL player died in a fireworks accident the other night:https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/07/07/novi-fireworks-death-matiss-kivlenieks/7878929002/

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They're illegal here. Not that you'd notice. Been hearing them almost daily since early June if not late May. 10:30PM, I can hear them while I'm typing. The 4th sounded like a war.

I've hated them since I was a kid, still do.

Posts: 21040 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 4th sounded like a war

That's exactly the point. It's supposed to sound like the war that made this nation.

What the fuck? Where did we get so lost?

When did history cease to matter?

Why shouldn't we feel or hear or remember such a sacred war?

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Oh, I forgot, it's so you can watch Jeopardy undisturbed, you pukes.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I grew up with fireworks and loved them.... to an extreme that I will not go into... as of late I can tolerate them.... my latest dog hates them and freaks.... I also can't take him to my gun club.

Like a few others here... the 4th was a war zone but I don't think I heard even one on the 5th....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE fireworks I the country or at the lake or at a professional show. It is my house and trees in a densely populated 1950s urban neighborhood with huge mature trees that pisses me off. Don’t send your mortars and airborne stuff not my trees and onto my roof. Don’t be still shooting that shit off at 3:40 or 4:45 a.m. when people have to get up and work. Let us not even talk about the normal irrrsponsiblepet ownership and already-ridiculous levels of “stray” yard dogs terrified by the stupidity.,,

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE fireworks in the country or at the lake or at a professional show. It is my house and trees in a densely populated 1950s urban neighborhood with huge mature trees that pisses me off. Don’t send your mortars and airborne stuff not my trees and onto my roof. Don’t be still shooting that shit off at 3:40 or 4:45 a.m. when people have to get up and work. Let us not even talk about the normal irrrsponsiblepet ownership and already-ridiculous levels of “stray” yard dogs terrified by the stupidity.,,