SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Colonoscopy tomorrow at 0900.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colonoscopy tomorrow at 0900. Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Good results, Jim!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Everything seems to be coming out pretty well so far. Razz

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZSMichael: Thank you.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've got #4 in my near future.
The first prep was unpleasant but not that big of a deal. The next ones were no big deal and I had a great breakfast afterwards.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Miralax OTC You will have to check on proper dosage level.

Miralax is good stuff. Very little taste mixed with water, and the cleanout is excellent. My Dr. writes a scrip for a big bottle of Miralax for the procedure. $8 copay sure beats the prices for the OTC sizes.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I've never used the Miralax, but what I used previously was essentially a gallon jug that you fill with water. You're then supposed to drink the entire jug. Each drink containing the medicine, and although not the end of the world, not that pleasant tasting.

The Suprep is two small bottles of medicine. Drink the first with 16 oz of water, then a couple of plain 16 oz cups of water within the following few hours. Later you drink another 16 oz mixed with medicine, and then a few plain cups.

I found that not only was the taste better, but you only had to drink two cups of it, with the rest being plain water.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So, did your Doctor find the perfect asshole? Smile

Did you ever wonder what kind of person wants to spend their career looking in people's colons?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm due for one too.
The night before meds are awful but the during/after drugs are wonderful.
FWIW, those cartoons posted are hilarious.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Prep is the worst part. Procedure is the best nap you'll ever have. My last one I was on the table and they asked me to turn onto my side. My calf cramped and I bolted up in pain and they were trying to lay me back down. Cramp, cramp I said. They must of thought I was having a heart attack or something.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Had my first a couple months ago. Everything looked good. Don't remember a thing until they woke me up. The prep sucks. I remember drinking half the prep stuff and telling the wife I don't think this stuff works! Ten minutes later it was ass piss unchecked!

They gave me a couple pages of color still shots from the cameras journey. First couple pics were of my hemorrhoids. I uploaded those to my phone and sent them to all my smart ass buddies!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My prep experience was like lastmanstanding's. I told my wife that this stuff doesn't work, five minutes later it was epic. I had that one where you mix water with some stuff to make up a gallon of the stuff. Tastes nasty, salty. Biting a lemon wedge immediately after drinking a cup sure made it more pleasant.

While prepping, wear sweats, but don't tie the string. There's no margin for delay.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post