SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Colonoscopy tomorrow at 0900.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colonoscopy tomorrow at 0900. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
It's not going to be a pleasant day.

Vodka is clear and is a liquid so it isn't too much of a stretch to consider it a clear liquid. I consider this fact to be much too obvious to waste their time verifying it. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I always find the prep to be 10 times worse than the procedure itself.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

Install seat belts on your commode and wear a bicycle helmet in case they don't hold.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My mother had a colostomy bag reversed a couple years ago. They had to do the clean out procedure first. I was the sibling that was nominated to assist.

As I recall, colostomy bag with something like 6 ounces in volume. Every 15 minute she had to drink 8 ounces of the cleaner-outer. Do the math…It was one of my least enjoyable experiences of my life thus far.

It is a much better story after about five beers.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive had 5 or 6 colonoscopies now, and two intestinal surgeries; prep day sucks but isn’t horrible - depending on what they gave you to clean you out.

Hope all goes well for ya!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one in 2013 used the Fleet brand prep drank so much water no rest before the procedure.
Had one in March 2021 DR. used SUPREP did not need some much water and was able to sleep the night before. Procedure went fine. Found 1 polyp repeat in 5 years, not fun but better than finding out you have cancer late. Lost 2 best friends to colon cancer found late last year.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I've had a few over the years and the best recent development was the anesthetic used, I was a whole lot less zombie-like coming out of the procedure. Much more aware and less hangover, making the needed fast food indulgence that much more enjoyable. Cheers, Jim. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a memorable but less than pleasant experience, but now is not the time. Good luck!

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
SUPREP

I've had regular colonoscopies since the late 90's. This is one of the better improvements. If you have a choice, even if you have to pay a bit more, go with it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
That's what I've got.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
BOHICA

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
My doc told me there are two kinds of tests. The one he said to avoid was the half assed test. The other being the full ass test. His reasoning was if they find anything on the half ass they are going to schedule for the full ass test. ‘Why go through the prep twice.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Rule No.1 is to keep repeating to yourself, "N0, that is NOT a fart."

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
This right here...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Had my last was an all female staff. A very young tech asked to start my IV as it would complete her certification. She was very good. The other two ladies did the prep and the last thing I heard was “ We’re going to turn you a bit.” After that it was “ Wake up, time to go home.”
It was that “ drink until clear” prep that got me. I tried lemon flavoring but it still didn’t help.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well here is the scope fresh out of the freezer...

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Vodka is clear and is a liquid so it isn't too much of a stretch to consider it a clear liquid. I consider this fact to be much too obvious to waste their time verifying it. Big Grin
I don't think I would use the word stretch or waste if I was in your position. You might get Dr. Harry Longfinger.

Posts: 3901 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have one in July. Dr sent me 'scrip for Suprep but the box under Suprep which was do not substitute was NOT checked. Is there an equal that is just as good and not soooo expensive?

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miralax OTC You will have to check on proper dosage level.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post