SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Just leave Midol or Vagisil on his desk or in a drawer.

Ok what is your plan when HR calls you to the office to explain said gift?? It is getting much harder to do that kind of stuff unless you work in the construction trades.

He didn't say anything about leaving a card with said gift. Roll Eyes
Duh????

What are you, NEW??????

I guess IQs dropped sharply while I was away.... Wink

Think of it as a sort of ‘secret Santa’ gift. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duh????

What are you, NEW??????

I guess IQs dropped sharply while I was away....

Think of it as a sort of ‘secret Santa’ gift.

Maybe you could use some Midol to tone down your snarky remarks.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like somebody in this thread is having PMSD. Razz

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thread title should be
Coworker has PTSD from having to go to work.

Needs Social Security disability and a free weed card

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
Just leave Midol or Vagisil on his desk or in a drawer.

Ok what is your plan when HR calls you to the office to explain said gift?? It is getting much harder to do that kind of stuff unless you work in the construction trades.

He didn't say anything about leaving a card with said gift. Roll Eyes
Duh????

What are you, NEW??????

I guess IQs dropped sharply while I was away.... Wink

Think of it as a sort of ‘secret Santa’ gift. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Like when a Senior Chief pisses off (severely) a career AEAN who in turn, signs up said SCPO a few weeks before cruise, for every gay web site, email, and free mags available on the internet in 1999 and " SCPO started getting the free mags just as we were a couple days west of Pearl Harbor.

On the way home the AEAN departed the ship (and Navy) when we returned to Hawaii and sent some scandalous photo of the SCPO (with multiple Thai women) to the SCPO's home. His wife revived the envelope two days before the ship pulled in.

You just don't sign certain things.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
.... posting for a friend...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
he rear-ended someone while he was texting.

This should equal instant revocation of his driver's license.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I still have nightmares about a job I had 30 years ago. it's always the same thing, I have to go back their and work in that toxic environment. Is this ptsd ? serious question?

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Could I claim PTSD from being married to a crazy woman?

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I still have nightmares about a job I had 30 years ago. it's always the same thing, I have to go back their and work in that toxic environment. Is this ptsd ? serious question?

No, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome (even if it's only in your mind), is called INSANITY! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Most likely lawyered up and is building the law suit for more money from the insurance company. A plus if he gets meds he can either take or sell. Plays it well enough he get disability payments for life. But he does give up a few things his 2nd rights and his balls. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Chris -- go back and read the original post again. He was NOT "hit from behind."

The "PTSD" guy is the one who was texting and ran into somebody.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Oops Product of Baltimore City Schools. I stand corrected. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
As an insurance adjuster, I see it all the time. I deal with service men who have literally had 5-6 combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and don't have PTSD. Then I deal with some person who gets tapped in an MVA and now they "are afraid to get back into a car."

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the kids of around 8 to 12 years old being sent to the Doc's for PTSD. Ha whats amatter did your mommy take your pokemon away from you.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Duh????

What are you, NEW??????

I guess IQs dropped sharply while I was away....

Think of it as a sort of ‘secret Santa’ gift.

Maybe you could use some Midol to tone down your snarky remarks.

Thanks for the reminder that their are wankers everywhere and common sense is FAR from common....

Have a nice day! Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Could I claim PTSD from being married to a crazy woman?

Maybe if she reads SIGforum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
Most likely lawyered up and is building the law suit for more money from the insurance company. A plus if he gets meds he can either take or sell. Plays it well enough he get disability payments for life. But he does give up a few things his 2nd rights and his balls. Chris

That will be pretty hard considering he's at fault.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
It's bullshit like this that give legitimate PTSD sufferers a bad name. Unfortunately in our current PC climate you'd be fired for calling him out on his BS. WTF happened to the world I grew up in?

That was my first thought as well. It diminishes the suffering of true PTSD victims such as combat veterans or those who have been abused.

I know someone who still posts about having PTSD from a fender-bender over a year ago.

I also know someone who made a huge drama deal because as she was leaving Starbuck's a deer jumped in front of her car and she "had to scream and hit the brakes." She didn't hit the deer mind you, just had to stop quickly, but people were giving her sympathy and saying things like, "Oh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that," and "That's so scary; I hope you're okay." I asked, "So, did you spill your coffee?"

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^
.... posting for a friend...

As always. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post