SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
The dude is about 25...he rear-ended someone while he was texting. Minor accident, no one was hurt other than the vehicles.

He's been walking around like a sad puppy for the past few weeks. I asked him how he was doing, thinking he had some kind of injury.

Dude said he wasn't injured, he just doesn't feel right and has been going to counseling because he has PTSD from the accident...

I literally have to restrain myself from calling him a pussy every time I see him now.

PTSD...from a fender bender....

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Some people are pussies, this petunia sounds like one.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Is he still able to use his skaewee phone?
Even better, while driving??
Oh.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
As my father would have once said......

Stop it before I take you out back and give you something to have PTSD about.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
One of the psychiatrists I use to evaluate workers’ comp claimants with psych complaints would have a field day with this guy. He’s very good with claims of “PTSD” which are, in reality, usually manifestations of pre-existing adjustment disorders.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
This "man" sounds like a complete pussy, and this accident has given him an excuse to publicly wallow in his sorrow.

It's pathetic.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
When I was a young teenager, my brother used to drive me to school. One morning he plowed into the back of a stopped car at a decent clip. Nobody was injured, and his truck was driveable, so he continued to drive me to school as normal. For the next couple days, my heart raced every time he approached a stopped car at an intersection. It was a little bit nerve-wracking.

But then, I was a kid. And it only bothered me while riding with my brother, likely since I didn't trust his driving skills anymore. Plus (and most importantly) I got over that after a couple days.

So a little bit of short-term nervousness while driving after something like that is probably normal, especially for someone relatively inexperienced, but that's a far cry from long-term, all-day-long PTSD.

That 25 year old man need to pop the titty out of his mouth, take off the pajamas, put on his big boy pants, and fucking get over it.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I mean, yeah. Sure. Be nervous or careful or overly cautious on the road. But damn. Ptsd? Around the office? Oookay

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
PTSD is the hot new thing to claim you have in the early 20s crowd.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
SoyBoy needs some help. Frown

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Next week he'll be coming to work with his comfort peacock...

after he posts a video on youtube, and starts his go fund me account. Roll Eyes

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Living in his mamma's basement, he must be. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Show his this and tell him to let that shit go!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I bet it's so he can get his medical marijuana card. PTSD is a qualified condition.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it.. there has been a guy at work whining about a frog and a lawnmower Wink

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Kind of as RogueJSK mentioned, after my wife and I were rear ended on the freeway in a hit-and-run last St Patrick's Day, my pulse still races a bit when on the same stretch of road when traffic conditions are similar.

And I have become even more so cognizant when someone is riding my ass or racing up then hitting the brakes after getting up to my ass.

But the stricken little puppy aspect of things - tell him to join the Marines, they'll fix that sad puppy shit up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have actually used a vehicle to intentionally ram other vehicles.
I feel pretty good about it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Poor lil feller. Fix him a sugar tit.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I got into a physical confrontation with a convict. It ended when, somehow, he went down a stairwell face first with me on his back. Every time I passed by a stairwell after that, I chuckled. Is that PTSD?

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Kind of as RogueJSK mentioned, after my wife and I were rear ended on the freeway in a hit-and-run last St Patrick's Day, my pulse still races a bit when on the same stretch of road when traffic conditions are similar.

And I have become even more so cognizant when someone is riding my ass or racing up then hitting the brakes after getting up to my ass.

But the stricken little puppy aspect of things - tell him to join the Marines, they'll fix that sad puppy shit up.

ditto,

had a GMC full size smack and total my Mini
Cooper last April,

I was relatively unhurt (minor muscle pain in my back, major fukking aggravation dealing with his insurance,,)

so now when I am driving on that stretch of road I am constantly keeping an eye on how close the person behind me is, esp if the person in front brakes,

otherwise, all is good

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post