SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Once I got into a physical confrontation with a convict. It ended when, somehow, he went down a stairwell face first with me on his back. Every time I passed by a stairwell after that, I chuckled. Is that PTSD?

No, but I like your style.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He's probably angling for some kind of disability claim.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I would give him something to have PTSD about.
Sorry but that little snowflake needs to go sit in a VA or local first responders PTSD group session and see what it really is. Sorry but no sunshine you're scared that the unicorn view of the world you had changed, that's not PTSD.

In three years I've buried 5 friends who had PTSD and killed themselves, all vets and all either public safety or emergency medicine.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is some of that new age pussification. Just before I met my now wife, she was in a wreck where she was ejected out the back window of a dodge Durango. The gentleman sitting on the bench seat with her was ejected first and is now paralyzed from the nipple line down. She had a bad concussion and 2 bulging disks but other than that fine. She was hesitant right after that but jumped right back in the saddle. Tell him to grow a pair unless the skinny jeans have already cut off the circulation.

"Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday."

Posts: 148 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Once I got into a physical confrontation with a convict. It ended when, somehow, he went down a stairwell face first with me on his back. Every time I passed by a stairwell after that, I chuckled. Is that PTSD?

No, that would be PAGD.

Post-Asswhooping Giggle Disorder.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The snowflake generation needs constant attention and affirmation in their daily lives. Just a ploy for him to say "look at me".

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

I literally have to restrain myself from calling him a pussy every time I see him now.

Here is where I feel like I need to point out something. I don't think he's a pussy at all. If you think about it, a pussy can take a pounding. It's obvious that he can't. I wouldn't want to disparage a pussy by comparing one to this weak minded little bitch. It's parents must be really proud of raising such a special little snowflake. Does it need a hug and "special time" when it comes into work?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Call him a "front hole".

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1210031644

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Tell him I said to go fuck himself.
Yes, in those words.
I got to identify my first wife on a cold steel slab when I was 25.

Yes he can go fuck himself.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think of the PTSD complications if you were to slap the pussyfooting out of him....priceless

Dmac

Posts: 22 | Location: Coastal Massachusetts | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pussyfooting? Damn spellchecker

Dmac

Posts: 22 | Location: Coastal Massachusetts | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what PTSD means.

It's not Post Texting Screw-up Disorder.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Email him this thread.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
My uncle Billy wasn't the nicest guy to be around. When he was in his 20's, (late 1960s) his car was hit head on by a drunk truck driver. His wife and newborn child were killed in the accident. He barely survived. His wife was decapitated, and his child was crushed to death. Billy spoke of seeing his beheaded wife while still conscious in the car. Billy survived the accident with major disfigurement to his body and face. I hope I never have to feel the pain my uncle did. He died from cancer a few years ago, but I think he was just waiting for it to end all these years.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He's probably angling for some kind of disability claim.

Had a coworker many years back that hit a deer, then claimed "soft tissue damage" from the seat belt. Seeking a FULL disability. Got an Attorney, stayed out of work for 3 months, etc.

Ended up going nowhere and she later was fired for about seven Rule & Reg violations stemming from an accident she investigated.

Can't stand these Workmans Comp con artists.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
People with PTSD. One of the last things they want, is anyone to know. (/broadbrush)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call him Evel Knievel next time you see him.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Call him Evel Knievel next time you see him.

quote:
The dude is about 25...

Millennial says what?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I deal with workers comp for truck drivers some. I'd say 10% claim PTSD after a fender bender.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Next week he'll be coming to work with his comfort peacock...

after he posts a video on youtube, and starts his go fund me account. Roll Eyes

And his crazy check too.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post