SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Picture of David13
posted Hide Post
My cat does that. Not this one, but the other one.
This one just couldn't guess the tool.
dc

Posts: 358 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Sounds like a chirr.

Link for iPhone folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHDKygWMWo

Monterrey does that when she is after a house fly. By the way, house flys must taste like rainbows and ice cream to a cat, because she loves them. Every once in a while I'll see her hold one in her mouth for awhile, let it go, chase, and then catch it again only to sit there and taste it for awhile. This will go on until the fly can't operate normally, then it is consumed.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:

Monterrey does that when she is after a house fly. By the way, house flys must taste like rainbows and ice cream to a cat, because she loves them. Every once in a while I'll see her hold one in her mouth for awhile, let it go, chase, and then catch it again only to sit there and taste it for awhile. This will go on until the fly can't operate normally, then it is consumed.

Could be the 'chase'...just the challenge of catching it.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Matthew, has she ever tried that with chopsticks!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

Matthew, has she ever tried that with chopsticks!

She's getting old now, but in her prime she could do some unbelievable feats.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wouldn't mind hearing about some of them. I know that mine is in his prime at a little over 2yrs old and constantly pushing the envelope. He always seems to out do himself so I never second guess him!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Sounds like a chirr.

Link for iPhone folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHDKygWMWo

Calling in Squirrels!!!! My cats do that when excited for some critter that happen to walk into the kill zone.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't mind hearing about some of them. I know that mine is in his prime at a little over 2yrs old and constantly pushing the envelope. He always seems to out do himself so I never second guess him!

She came from the Richmond, VA pound in 2000, where I was living at the time. I came back home to Salem that Christmas, and brought her to stay at my parents house. My old room was in the attic, she had the run of the place for the week or so I was in town. The first day there were two mice on the stairs leading up, then next day three, and over the week she had quite the collection, maybe a dozen or so.

We had never seen signs of mice, and haven't since, but she was slaying them left and right the whole time.

She's been chubby since she was around three, but I guess cats don't have to actually look like they are in shape to do amazing things, (unlike us). Smile

I saw her go from laying in a chair fast asleep, without a running start, to a vault off the back of that chair, six feet in the air completely to the end of the hallway about 10 feet, only to turn around and prance back like nothing had happened. Crazy cat. Now she is usually just sunning herself or sleeping, doing her best to avoid Banshee; good ol' girl.

She will sit like this and watch me, while I watch TV; for hours.

E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David13:
My cat does that. Not this one, but the other one.
This one just couldn't guess the tool.
dc

A bird in the hand is worth two on a bushing wrench.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
She came from the Richmond, VA pound in 2000, where I was living at the time. I came back home to Salem that Christmas, and brought her to stay at my parents house. My old room was in the attic, she had the run of the place for the week or so I was in town. The first day there were two mice on the stairs leading up, then next day three, and over the week she had quite the collection, maybe a dozen or so.

We had never seen signs of mice, and haven't since, but she was slaying them left and right the whole time.

She's been chubby since she was around three, but I guess cats don't have to actually look like they are in shape to do amazing things, (unlike us). Smile

I saw her go from laying in a chair fast asleep, without a running start, to a vault off the back of that chair, six feet in the air completely to the end of the hallway about 10 feet, only to turn around and prance back like nothing had happened. Crazy cat. Now she is usually just sunning herself or sleeping, doing her best to avoid Banshee; good ol' girl.

She will sit like this and watch me, while I watch TV; for hours.

What a true buddy she is! They're behavior is so unpredictable at times, and like her's. I had mine jump up outta bed one night and fly from one end of the house to another jumping up on the window sill's crashing thru the vertical blinds and jumping across the computer desk and as quietly as he set off he retreated back to the bedroom and laid back down. I just kinda laughed to myself as there really was no stopping him...

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

^^^^Now that's just funny^^^^

Regards, Will G.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^Now that's just funny^^^^

Stolen and sent to my cat friend,

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've had cats that make that noise when they are considering catching something. I don't know what it means.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pretty good job...I hope it wasn't a tomcat.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:

Pretty good job...I hope it wasn't a tomcat.

JennerCat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
JennerCat.

Well, I just spit a half-chewed mouthful of Chicken Fried Rice all over my monitor... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post