SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Boy Who Called Out Sick
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Boy Who Called Out Sick Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Yup, not my problem anymore, they done shitcanned me this afternoon. It turns out when you turn a 3 man job into a 1 man job, with the same amount of work, and then some, people get grumpy. In the 7 1/2 months I've been doing this, I think I've been able to eat my lunch once without being interrupted to deal with some dumb bullshit. Can't take a piss, let alone dump, without someone showing up and honking.

So the client doesn't like me and wants me gone, as of 1500 this afternoon.

And then here they are calling me at 2147, because the weekend day guy (that is the Boy Who Called Out Sick) has called out sick, again. "Nope, sorry, I've been removed from the site, can't help you."

Retards. Literal retards. Shit, at least retards have an excuse, and try, these people, they're something else.

Anyhow, I'll have a new site Monday, probably just down the street and for the same money, or more, and I'll have a sidekick so I can poop, which will really help my mood.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Pooping is important.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
ASG, back in the Year of The Chair thread, I had speculated on the location of The Chair. I did not know, until now, your profession. I apologize for bringing up the possible location of an area you were tasked with securing.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I love pooping

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
ASG, back in the Year of The Chair thread, I had speculated on the location of The Chair. I did not know, until now, your profession. I apologize for bringing up the possible location of an area you were tasked with securing.

Lulz, it's not a missile silo or anything, it's a warehouse filled with shitty clothes, last year's prom dresses, things like that. I was hardly security there, even though I dressed like it.

I was more worried about disgruntled employees showing up to shoot the place up, because management has a history of hiring the shittiest people for the warehouse, treating them like disposable tools, and then firing them. On more than one occasion a worker has threatened violence, and we, security, weren't told about it. It was always fun finding out three weeks after the fact that some felon was kicked out, and threatened to come back and "make them pay."

It was a shitty place, run by shitty people at the top.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Lulz, it's not a missile silo or anything, it's a warehouse filled with shitty clothes, last year's prom dresses, things like that. I was hardly security there, even though I dressed like it.
Just curious -- were you a direct employee of the warehouse company? Or, a security company that contracts with the warehouse?

Around here, many (most?) of the security dudes (and dudettes) do not work directly for the entity for which they are providing security, everybody I know in that business works for a security company that contracts with the user company (bank, hospital, whatever).

Side note: I cracked up every time I went into the lobby of a credit union where I used to have my account. There was this tiny female security guard, maybe all of 5'2" and probably around 100 lbs if that, sporting a holster that held a revolver that I swear was Dirty Harry size. Reminded me of something out of one of the Police Academy flicks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Just curious -- were you a direct employee of the warehouse company? Or, a security company that contracts with the warehouse?

Around here, many (most?) of the security dudes (and dudettes) do not work directly for the entity for which they are providing security, everybody I know in that business works for a security company that contracts with the user company (bank, hospital, whatever).

Side note: I cracked up every time I went into the lobby of a credit union where I used to have my account. There was this tiny female security guard, maybe all of 5'2" and probably around 100 lbs if that, sporting a holster that held a revolver that I swear was Dirty Harry size. Reminded me of something out of one of the Police Academy flicks.

Outside security company, it was a requirement from one of the customers of the warehouse that they have outside security.

quote:

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lulz, it's not a missile silo or anything...
Disavowal = Confirmation

Up is down

Black is white

Grape is strawberry

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Another one stands out, this is when I sold wholesale collision parts at a car dealership in the 70’s.

Parts manager hired a young guy as a parts driver but he had a problem. His car quit, he was kicked out of home and was living with an uncle. Parts manager and I talked to him turns out he lived about five miles or so from me and he could get a ride to and from a 24 hour slider burger place. Parts manager asked me if I could give him a ride to and from the burger place. I agreed as I badly needed another delivery driver. But the manager and I both told him he had to get his own transportation in thirty days which he agreed to do.

Well thirty turned into sixty, I kind of let it slide but told him he needed to get his car running as once the weather broke I was riding my motorcycle to work and he wasn’t going to ride on the back.

One Friday night I stopped at a pizzeria on the way home to get my order. I went in and when I came out he wasn’t there. I turned around, here he comes out of a party store on the opposite corner. As he gets in the car he said “ I’ve got us a six pack”. He figured that I got the pizza for him and myself! Well I set him straight on that real quick.

One week later I got sick at work and went home early. Parts manager lived a couple miles from me and dropped him off at the burger place. Later that night the kid calls me and asks me if I was going to work the next day which I wasn’t, fever, chills, headache, the whole enchilada. When I told him no his response was “Well can I borrow your car tomorrow?” You can guess how that went.

Two days later I went in. Told the parts manager we needed to sit down with him. I led the meeting, told him he had one week to fix his car, get another one or figure out his own way to and from work.

He quit before the week was up.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post