SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inflation has targeted Moses the Cat!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation has targeted Moses the Cat! Login/Join 
posted
Nearly stroked out when I checked out the cat food aisle at the Yooper grocery store today. 3.5-pound bag of Meow Mix was....$9.99 a bag! Mad Over a 4 dollar increase from 2021. The cat may be down to 2 or 3 lives before this ends. A lady buying dog food said her brand went up drastically. Lets go Brandon!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
At least you're able to find your cat's food on the shelf at any price...Let's Go Brandon! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
At least you're able to find your cat's food on the shelf at any price...

That's my issue. Price hasn't increased, but availability has been spotty for the past two years.

It's gotten to where I buy 3 months worth (90 pounds) at a time, when I can find it. Even then, there have been a couple times that I've been down to two weeks' worth of food before it was available again.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Alpo is up to 99 cents / can.

That's almost seven bucks, in doggie dollars.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After seeing this outrage, I bought a chicken breast from the Deli for the varmint. That might turn out to be cheaper in the long run! Mad

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep, check the canned tuna in the human isle

Nice one V-Tail Smile

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walmart has chicken breasts @ $1.99/lb. My wife boils them & supplements the kibbles. Probably better for our Beagle than $3.50lb kibbles.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I get the food for our boys from Chewy. Usually have it within 2-3 days of ordering. They have been consistently prompt for years.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I get the food for our boys from Chewy. Usually have it within 2-3 days of ordering. They have been consistently prompt for years.

Same here. I'm on the auto replenishment schedule, don't even have to think about it. It just appears on my doorstep.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I have on cat that had bladder stones so he has to eat a special prescribed food. And its impossible to keep the other 2 cats out of it so they all three eat it. $70 for 17#. Not any worse than some of my drugs I guess.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on everyones experience with Chewy, I ordered 3 bags from them. About a dollar cheaper than store price but there was a shipping cost. So price wise, it was a wash. And the Chewy price was at 2021 prices too. I may use Chewy exclusively from now on. Moses the Cat purrs his thanks for drawing my attention to Chewy!

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Based on everyones experience with Chewy, I ordered 3 bags from them. About a dollar cheaper than store price but there was a shipping cost. So price wise, it was a wash. And the Chewy price was at 2021 prices too. I may use Chewy exclusively from now on. Moses the Cat purrs his thanks for drawing my attention to Chewy!

Just an FYI - If you go over $49 on your order, shipping is free.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I have on cat that had bladder stones so he has to eat a special prescribed food. And its impossible to keep the other 2 cats out of it so they all three eat it. $70 for 17#. Not any worse than some of my drugs I guess.

Our cat Frank developed diabetes and had to get on special food, we fed him in a large dog crate and gave the other their normal food

And yeah, Chewy for the win. The stores are out of the food we need half of the time but zero problems with Chewy. We did have to adjust the delivery frequency a couple of times but we are good now

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post