SIGforum
Inflation has targeted Moses the Cat!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7630004884

January 11, 2022, 03:33 PM
YooperSigs
Inflation has targeted Moses the Cat!
Nearly stroked out when I checked out the cat food aisle at the Yooper grocery store today. 3.5-pound bag of Meow Mix was....$9.99 a bag! Mad Over a 4 dollar increase from 2021. The cat may be down to 2 or 3 lives before this ends. A lady buying dog food said her brand went up drastically. Lets go Brandon!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
January 11, 2022, 03:53 PM

January 11, 2022, 03:58 PM
nhracecraft
At least you're able to find your cat's food on the shelf at any price...Let's Go Brandon! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
January 11, 2022, 04:00 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
At least you're able to find your cat's food on the shelf at any price...

That's my issue. Price hasn't increased, but availability has been spotty for the past two years.

It's gotten to where I buy 3 months worth (90 pounds) at a time, when I can find it. Even then, there have been a couple times that I've been down to two weeks' worth of food before it was available again.
January 11, 2022, 04:03 PM
V-Tail
Alpo is up to 99 cents / can.

That's almost seven bucks, in doggie dollars.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 11, 2022, 04:04 PM
YooperSigs
After seeing this outrage, I bought a chicken breast from the Deli for the varmint. That might turn out to be cheaper in the long run! Mad

January 11, 2022, 04:51 PM
BigSwede
Yep, check the canned tuna in the human isle

Nice one V-Tail Smile

January 11, 2022, 04:56 PM
Anush
Walmart has chicken breasts @ $1.99/lb. My wife boils them & supplements the kibbles. Probably better for our Beagle than $3.50lb kibbles.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch
January 12, 2022, 06:22 AM
19tass
I get the food for our boys from Chewy. Usually have it within 2-3 days of ordering. They have been consistently prompt for years.
January 12, 2022, 01:08 PM
Rev. A. J. Forsyth
quote:
I get the food for our boys from Chewy. Usually have it within 2-3 days of ordering. They have been consistently prompt for years.

Same here. I'm on the auto replenishment schedule, don't even have to think about it. It just appears on my doorstep.
January 13, 2022, 07:11 AM
Krazeehorse
I have on cat that had bladder stones so he has to eat a special prescribed food. And its impossible to keep the other 2 cats out of it so they all three eat it. $70 for 17#. Not any worse than some of my drugs I guess.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
January 13, 2022, 11:20 AM
YooperSigs
Based on everyones experience with Chewy, I ordered 3 bags from them. About a dollar cheaper than store price but there was a shipping cost. So price wise, it was a wash. And the Chewy price was at 2021 prices too. I may use Chewy exclusively from now on. Moses the Cat purrs his thanks for drawing my attention to Chewy!

January 13, 2022, 11:42 AM
19tass
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Based on everyones experience with Chewy, I ordered 3 bags from them. About a dollar cheaper than store price but there was a shipping cost. So price wise, it was a wash. And the Chewy price was at 2021 prices too. I may use Chewy exclusively from now on. Moses the Cat purrs his thanks for drawing my attention to Chewy!

Just an FYI - If you go over $49 on your order, shipping is free.
January 13, 2022, 11:45 AM
BigSwede
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I have on cat that had bladder stones so he has to eat a special prescribed food. And its impossible to keep the other 2 cats out of it so they all three eat it. $70 for 17#. Not any worse than some of my drugs I guess.

Our cat Frank developed diabetes and had to get on special food, we fed him in a large dog crate and gave the other their normal food

And yeah, Chewy for the win. The stores are out of the food we need half of the time but zero problems with Chewy. We did have to adjust the delivery frequency a couple of times but we are good now