SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
In N Out.

is at best as good as McDonalds. I've been to them here in Las Vegas and in LA they're not impressive.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
McDonalds truly sucks ass

I laughed at this. Really captures the feeling of honest, unadulterated loathing in a few simple words.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
For a fast burger, make mine a Whataburger.

The Grand Mac, even if not grand, is still an awful lot of food for one meal.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a big mac in years. I'm about to violate that ban if my one granddaughter wants.

Their advertising is first rate. Unlike their food. But she's 8 and goes to school with kids that worship at the alter of Micky D's. She says she wants to try a big mac some time. I'm up for the task. I guess. My battle plan is to take her and the other G kids. I'll buy her the big mac and let her taste it if she doesn't loose her nerve. But if she won't even taste it, I'll eat the thing, or even if she tastes it and hates it. Then I'll buy them a 10 piece nuggies and some fries. For those that don't understand the language, very little kids call nuggets, nuggies. As in "I want my nuggies".

This food experiment shouldn't cost me too much, like maybe $20 and an hour or two.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The Grand Mac is temporary.

"With three sizes of Big Mac, there’s now a Mac for any moment! Whether it’s the Big Mac, Grand Mac, or Mac Jr, head in to one of our participating restaurants to taste special sauce times three – but only for a limited time. Come and get ‘em!"

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
McD's is dog food. I did go there yesterday for the first time in a couple of years, had the only thing good there, Filet O fish

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like their Egg McMuffin, Sausage & Egg McMuffin, and coffee.

Their sandwiches (burgers, chicken, fish) and nuggest are low grade dog food.

Fries are OK.

Whataburger, In N Out, Sonic, etc are all better bugers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
In N Out.

Not everyone is blessed with their presence.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9671 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Location search on WhatABurger website:
NO RESTAURANTS FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES OF YOU.
In N Out: Closest location to Orlando is more than 1,000 miles.

Chile’s: We have a few locations locally, not a terrible burger. Happy hour beer, buy one get one.

Ruby Tuesday had decent burgers, but most local locations have closed.

Miller’s Ale House (various locations), OK for burgers.

Five Guys: good fries, terribly overcooked burgers.

Burger-Fi: again, way overcooked and way over-priced.

Burger-Craft: New location here, tried it. Service was poor to mediocre. Burger ordered “rare,” came medium well. Shakes ordered at the same time as the burgers, brought by the server after we had finished eating and were getting ready to leave. Over-priced. Nickel-dime (actually dollar or two) for everything. Mustard, fifty cents extra. Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Your fault for getting a "burger" there. Everyone knows that the best fast food burgers come from Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for you left-coasters).

McDonald's is only useful if you can locate the elusive McRib.

-Rob

Wrong. Wendy's is best. Razz

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
In the 60s...the little town where I grew up had only one fast food place to get a hamburger...Dairy Queen for a Brazier Burger...they were good...

Then came Burger King...the Whopper was better...

When McDonalds followed, the Big Mac was a whole different hamburger (as if McDonalds are real hamburgers in the truest sense) but I liked them OK then...but they lost their shine over time...I've tried Big Macs lately and meh...

Now if the rare occasion rises for a burger out I still hit our local Dairy Queen or BK...

I really liked our local Checkers for a quick burger that actually sorta tasted like a burger until this little bit of news hit awhile back Eek...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31...taurant-in-cleveland

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Burger ordered “rare,” came medium well.

No, no, no... A Burger made from poorly stored ground Beef, cooked rare, put me in the hospital for two days.

Any bad Bacteria on Beef gets ground up with the Beef. Hence the need to thoroughly cook the Burger. Who knows how that Beef was stored handled?

That's what my Physician told me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am lucky in that my daughter really does not like (never has) really liked McDonald's with the exception of an occasional egg-a-muffin or Shamrock shake.

I, like most people my age, grew up with the notion that McD's was a treat or reward, hell, my paper route customers used to give me the old gift books with the 50 cent pull out pages.

Every once in a while I get a craving for it and go...usually a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder and without fail regret it an hour later.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Report This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
For a fast burger, make mine a Whataburger.

The Grand Mac, even if not grand, is still an awful lot of food for one meal.

Ever try a triple Whataburger?

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
best burger in these quad cities
https://www.culvers.com/menu-a...-bacon-deluxe-double

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54499 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Burger ordered “rare,” came medium well.
No, no, no... A Burger made from poorly stored ground Beef, cooked rare, put me in the hospital for two days.

Any bad Bacteria on Beef gets ground up with the Beef. Hence the need to thoroughly cook the Burger. Who knows how that Beef was stored handled?

That's what my Physician told me.
Knowing that these places always over-cook burgers, I ask for them rare, hoping to get something that's not too much more than medium.

At home, I cook burgers to medium rare. But ask a restaurant for medium rare and you'll get something that is between medium-well and charcoal.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I happen to like McDonalds for cheap shit food. Their plain little cheeseburgers are good and their fries are the best out there.

I used to prefer Burger King, but they've gone downhill over the years. A good Whopper is still the best fast food burger out there IMO. However, trying to find a "good Whopper" is a difficult task these days.

If there is an Arby's nearby, that is my go-to anymore. Their Market Fresh Roast Beef and Swiss is a mighty good sandwich.

And, if you happen to find yourself in southern CA, do yourself a favor and get a Tommy Burger. You won't regret it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
For 55 years, all I've ever eaten at Duck Morons, BK, or any of then, is a regular $1 hamburger ketchup-only, and fries. No problems.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whataburger. Carl's Jr sucks.

Who in their right mind puts mustard on a burger? Bleeehh! And try ordering a burger with no mustard.....absolutely no flavor at all.

Carl's Jr. is best for fast-food.

I do go to McD's regularly for breakfast, becuz it is cheap and easy to eat whilst driving.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Haven't eaten there in 15-20 years. No plans to go now. What they serve cannot be called food.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post