SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
The Grand Mac, and upsized version of the Big Mac. From the pictured you'd think a Big Mac made with two quarter pounder patties.

You'd be wrong.

You will instead find 10% more bun, 2% more meat. It is the same wafer thin patty that is used on the Big Mac, just EVER so slightly bigger. It is smaller than the bun. So much so that they shift it to one side so it appears to be bigger, when in fact there is more bun than beef.

Grand larceny maybe, but not a Grand Mac

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
McDonalds truly sucks ass

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Coffee is good. Wouldn't eat there.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Better write your congressman

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Why they didn't just use the 1/4lbs patties is beyond me.
I might get the Mac jr if I want a quick snack, but I'll never get the "grand" again.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Report This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Your fault for getting a "burger" there. Everyone knows that the best fast food burgers come from Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for you left-coasters).

McDonald's is only useful if you can locate the elusive McRib.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Your fault for getting a "burger" there. Everyone knows that the best fast food burgers come from Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for you left-coasters).

-Rob

Whataburger. Carl's Jr sucks.

Horse meat.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus it's right around 1000 calories.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

Whataburger. Carl's Jr sucks.

Horse meat.

Fatburger.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I eat at McD's all the time, but only for breakfast items that are $1.00. Other than that, I don't go there unless absolutely necessary. I used to think their coffee was okay and asked the wifey-poo to bring me a cup one morning when she made a breakfast run a month or so... loads of coffee grounds in the bottom and it tasted like mud! Mad

So far they haven't managed to screw up their hotcakes or biscuits... they're still consistently good where I stop to grab a bite.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good coffee, plain burger and free WiFi at McD. Everything else is crap.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had one last week and thought it was decent actually for 5 bucks.

It felt like a Big Mac did to me when I was a kid, actually kinda well BIG.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It is the same wafer thin patty that is used on the Big Mac

Your stats are off, this is what I looked up on the size compared to a regular Big Mac:

Big Mac: 2 each 1/10th pound patties (1.6 oz each)
Grand Mac: 2 each 1/6th pound patties (2.66 oz each), plus another slice of cheese

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Bring back the Big Mac jingle.

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame-seed bun!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.
Fudruckers or 5 Guys are my go to burger places.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
My wife and I used to really like Fudruckers. One day, several years ago, we found the door to the local Fudruckers franchise locked and there was a notice from the County that it had been closed due to unpaid taxes.

The local 5 Guys is terrible, inasmuch as I like my burgers medium rare. 5 Guys will only serve them one way: incinerated to a charred crisp. The fries are great, the burgers are awful.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:

PC

Fudruckers is the last place I'll go for a burger.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
In N Out.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Why they didn't just use the 1/4lbs patties is beyond me.
I might get the Mac jr if I want a quick snack, but I'll never get the "grand" again.

They didn't have to in order to sell it. OP kinda speaks to that fact. Smile

I haven't been to. McDonald's voluntarily in probably five years, more before that. We took my son last week as his reward for doubling down on the potty training, he has wanted to "go play at Old McDonalds" for months since some other kid at daycare let him in on the secret. I got a double quarter pounder and wondered why there was only ketchup and a teaspoon of chopped onions on half the bun. Then I remembered where I was, and why I was there. I remembered begging my parents to go when I was a toddler also, and my parents groaning and complaining about the food. It came full circle, and I had to admire the genius of the business model. I found myself wondering why they didn't put lettuce and pickles on the burger and I realized, they don't have to, they have a playground so I bought the burger anyways. If the food was good, they might have sold a burger or two on occasion. Since they have a playground, they'll sell entire families meals every night.

McDonald's is for kids, and grown up kids wanting to tickle the neuropathways that bring back carefree happy days of youth. McDonalds is not for food that satisfies rather than disappoints. If you disagree, take a careful look at the happy people in the kitchen.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post