SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who use the wrong word in sentences!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who use the wrong word in sentences! Login/Join 
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I blame text speak for a lot of this. Using U for you, proly for probably and other shorthand nonsense.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
I blame text speak for a lot of this. Using U for you, proly for probably and other shorthand nonsense.

I'ma gonna hafta agree. Big Grin

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I c wat u did their Wink Big Grin

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Do you have any advise for people who dont no better?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Do you have any advise for people who dont no better?

No, I don't have any advice for people who may not know any better. It all depends on to whom I am advising. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SFCUSARET,

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hey my man! Learn me 'bout dis! Big Grin

Frankly I agree and point to the dumbing down of the education system better termed an indoctrination system.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
The past present and future walked into a bar. it was tense.

Education is important but fishing is importanter.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I 'preciate it when people wright good.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I 'preciate it when people wright good.

That's because they got good learning as they growed up.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
My pet peeve is when people use calvary instead of cavalry when describing mounted troops.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I count on spell cheque to catch all my mistakes.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xaircav:
My pet peeve is when people use calvary instead of cavalry when describing mounted troops.

You must also hate it when they say "ordinance" instead of "ordnance". Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
What's the best way to comfort a grammar nazi?

In a consoling voice, tell them "they're, their, there, it's not two so bad!"
Big Grin

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I’ll sale you some anger management cassettes, cheep.

Ugh sale/sell is my pet peeve. To, two and too I can kind of understand since they're pronounced the same. But when people post "Does anyone have X for sell" Or, "I'm looking to sale X"

Do these people not read this stuff in their head as they're writing it?

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
One that just popped-up recently: no and know

(How does one get that one wrong?)

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
One that just popped-up recently: no and know

(How does one get that one wrong?)

Who no's?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
I saw someone type on another forum that he needs a new stalk for his rifle. I'm not one to police these things; but, I thought to myself, "self, how can someone in the gun world, who since he's on an online forum I presume can read, go through his life not knowing it is "stock" and not "stalk"?". Heck, they're even pronounced differently.

My favorite is those who type "should of" ("could of", "would of", et.) for the contraction "should've". How many days of school does one have to skip to miss all of those contraction days.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I just don't sea many problems whiff all of the previously posted examples. Maybe I need to go fetch a dictionary and look some things up. All get back with y'all soon.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That don't confront me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post