SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I blame PHPaul & the other Kubota owners!
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I blame PHPaul & the other Kubota owners! Login/Join 
Member
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:

I am on the schedule now for the spray foam insulation job at the cabin.
The quote was less than $2k more for the spray foam compared to materials alone and a self install of mineral rock wool insulation.

10 miles of driving one way to the nearest store, a Dollar General.
Regular stores, gas/diesel/groceries/Walmart is 20+ miles one way, about a half hour each way. The same stores I presently shop at.
During winter, you'll want to plan shopping trips.




Good idea to insulate well. I foamed both the house and shop.

I'm about the same; 7 miles to a little town with a Dollar Store, gas station, and butcher shop. 23 miles to a real town with most everything.

I agree a cabbed tractor would be a PIA in the woods. I think you'll like an L2502, it has a lot more capacity and ground clearance than a BX. I had an L2501 and really liked it. I tried a B2650 (LX 2620) which I really didn't care for so much so went to the heavier L2501. The only reason I sold the L2501 is because a friend offered to sell me his like new, 2013, 149 hour, Deere 3520 (same size tractor with a bit more power) which also came with a backhoe.

The L2501 had plenty of power to run my 58" flail mower in high weeds. I'm on some hills here so I added 2" spacers to the rear of both the 2501 and 3520 which added a little stability. If you do get an L2502 consider having a 3rd function added to the front which can operate a grapple. I use the grapple all the time here for moving logs as well as piles of limbs and brush.


No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
 
Posts: 8540 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Sadly, I will never have a larger Kubota with a cab. Simply due to the large tempered glass doors on the cabs.
Glass doors is something you absolutely don't need or want on a tractor working in the woods.
I have been eying Kubota L2502 machines!


Well, I'm a FL boy now, no way I could survive on the tractor out in that much snow, it would kill my tan!
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I really don't have that much grapple usage. I do agree that the time for a 3rd function install is when it's brand new and a factory option.
So if it all comes together as planned, a shiny new L2502 HST with a SSQA (skid steer quick attach) 66" front bucket along with a backhoe and a forward third function. R-1 ag tires.
Just so the third function is there IF a grapple is needed, it will be there.
I could use it for harvesting deadfall trees and supplement my firewood supply.

Being in the NYS DEC 480a program, there are minimal things allowed in the 61 out of 68 acres. The property tax reduction (94%) greatly outweighs the hassles!

The spray foam contractor just reached out, October 7th!



NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer
 
Posts: 2118 | Location: upstate NY in Kathy Hochul's bowel movement | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I blame PHPaul & the other Kubota owners!

© SIGforum 2026