SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    To my fellow cyclists I encountered on the trail today...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To my fellow cyclists I encountered on the trail today... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bike cyclists are a nuisance. We are adjacent to a state park with the roads to and from are two lane country from the horse and wagon days. The only good thing is eventually they go home and the weekends are only two days. When there is a large group and they string out it becomes problematic for vehicle operators and the cyclists. Its just not a good mix.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Excellent rant and couldn't have said it better. My mother taught us as children not to play in the street

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
That's why I abandoned riding on the local path after the first attempt. To much unpredictable traffic moving at different speeds. That's why I ride on the local roads and highways, but that seems to piss people of as well. It's been awhile since we've had one of these threads.

Is this satire or do you fail to see the irony in this?
You're worried about people moving at different speeds on a path but are fine fucking up drivers trying to drive at the posted limit riding at your different speed?
Childish toys do not belong on a road along side of cars.

No irony or satire intended. The path here is mainly along the Arkansas river. Lots of foliage and quick blind turns. I usually move at a out 15 mph on average. I came around a blind corner and just about plowed into a woman jogging pushing a baby in a stroller. Add in kids and pets moving in all directions and the path is not safe for what I and doing, and I'm the risk to everyone else. On the road the rules are clear. Everyone is moving in the same direction. On a highway I'm on the shoulder not in the lane of traffic. I'm not impeding anyone's progress, and I don't ride in packs. Safer even though most of the traffic is moving faster. I know to expect from them. They know what to expect from me. Safer. Period.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Good rant.
I have learned to really dislike cyclists here. They are rude on the trails, and more so on the streets. I’ve had them flip me off and yell “asshole” when they have a stop sign, while I am moving through an intersection, obeying traffic laws. I’ve had them cut me off on bike trails. I’ve watched them on main thoroughfares race past all the stopped motor vehicles to the stoplight, then switch gears, use the crosswalk, and cheat their way across an intersection. I’ve watched them block bridge traffic by using the street instead of the sidewalk as is CLEARLY marked on all the signage approaching the bridge, forcing everyone to putt along behind while they struggle up the incline they were informed not to use.
As a whole, I consider them assholes. It’s a rare bicyclist here that is polite and follows the rules of the road. They have a lot to learn about courtesy. Don’t even get me started on these idiots when it comes to winter biking. One bad snow, and all the braking in the world won’t be able to stop my vehicle for the jackass who cuts me off, thinking I’ll be able to stop my 2 ton vehicle from running into their spindly bike.

As mentioned, though, there are people like that in every sport. The good guys are probably just low profile.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post