SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duluth Trading Company
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading Company Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been getting their bullpen boxer briefs and firehose cargo pants for a few years. No one makes jeans that fit right AND last more than four months. I’ve worn out two pairs of their pants in about 16 months now.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I have never bought anything from them, but not for lack of trying.

Almost every one of the pants styles that I would like to try have a maximum inseam length of 34", which would hit me just above the ankles.
Queuing up flamingo jokes
Yeah, leg length makes pants-shopping tiresome.

Worse than that is vehicles. I really wanted a mid-size truck. Tacoma, Canyon / Colorado, Ranger, maybe Honda. Every one that I sat in was woefully short of legroom in the driver seat. A situation on the road that might call for fast transition from gas pedal to brake would cause my knee to get jammed up in the under side of the steering wheel. Full size pickups do have enough legroom for me, but I'm trying to avoid buying something that big. When searching for my current vehicle, I found only two types that give me comfortable legroom: Grand Cherokee and Ford Edge. I wound up with the Edge based on finding the right used one at the right price.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I really did like DT’s Alaskan Hardgear line has that gone down the crapper too?

Circling the drain as well. When I first moved up here I bought one of the Alaskan Hardgear Midnight Sun shirts and it really is one of my favorite shirts. Bought 2 more of the same online this year the material feels like it is half of the thickness, collars flop rather than stand tall, single open pocket rather than 2 pockets one with a buttoned flap and the other with a side zipper.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
If you want warm, look into LLBean.

As of my last purchase a couple of years ago, their chamois shirts are still excellent quality.

Of course, ya pay for that...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was in our local DTC store here in OKC this morning. I needed some new tee shirts. I really like their Long Tail, no plumbers butt tee shirts, with a pocket.

They advertised a sale, buy 3, get one free.

$27.50 1 dang tee shirt! It's just a tee shirt, and a good one, but that's outrageous.

Made not in china, but made in Vietnam!!! I seriously doubt they cost more than a couple of bucks to make them. Their everyday price on most items is ridiculous, so I wait for the sales.

They had a very limited quantity in the store, I guess the slow boat is getting slower.

And NONE in white color. None.

OK, thanks for letting me bitch gripe moan and complain for a few minutes here.

Yall have a nice day.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Worse than that is vehicles...

My son just picked up a used Uplander; it immediately went into the shop to have the driver's seat moved back a few inches.

He's a big fan of DTC long-tail shirts, but the cost! I keep looking for the gold-thread embroidery and diamond studs on the shirts, but I can't find them.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
quote:

Worse than that is vehicles...
My son just picked up a used Uplander; it immediately went into the shop to have the driver's seat moved back a few inches.
I tried to get more than one shop to do that for me. I was told "NO! Can not do because safety regulations."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
The lack of availability in all sizes and colors for a lot of stuff was bad enough but it got to where I would order more of something I liked and the new ones would have a new interpretation of the size than previous ones.

I have blue nylon shorts that fit great so I ordered a pair of the same ones in the same size, but brown. The brown were significantly smaller everywhere. Even the belt loops were smaller when I tried to put my belt through them.

The last straw was cotton boxers I got to replace some old ones that wore great and were very comfy. They’d always been just a bit loose and I considered going down a size but decided not to in case the difference between the sizes turned out to be huge. When they arrived, despite being the exact same size the new ones were way smaller than the old ones and fit like boxer briefs, plus they definitely weren’t the same quality. I’m done.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:

I have never bought anything from them, but not for lack of trying.

Almost every one of the pants styles that I would like to try have a maximum inseam length of 34", which would hit me just above the ankles.
Queuing up flamingo jokes

Worse than that is vehicles. I really wanted a mid-size truck. Tacoma, Canyon / Colorado, Ranger, maybe Honda. Every one that I sat in was woefully short of legroom in the driver seat. A situation on the road that might call for fast transition from gas pedal to brake would cause my knee to get jammed up in the under side of the steering wheel. Full size pickups do have enough legroom for me, but I'm trying to avoid buying something that big. When searching for my current vehicle, I found only two types that give me comfortable legroom: Grand Cherokee and Ford Edge. I wound up with the Edge based on finding the right used one at the right price.

I've been in a 2017 Edge for about a year now. Love it.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Wife and I have been frustrated by the company for about a year now. I need to replace about a dozen tshirts I've had of theirs for up to 10 years now that I wear just about every single day.

The new stuff, just doesn't feel the same quality, much lighter weight. I love most of the cool colors they *used to have* and the current ones are kind of meh.

So I've been looking for an alternative. LL Bean is high on my list to check out.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm an old guy with poor circulation but I have a farm to keep up so I am outside a lot. I've been wearing Carhart for years now and I have seen no drop in the quality of their clothing. I'm actually wearing more of their casual clothes ( T shirts, jeans and shirts) than I used to and have been pretty happy. Great quality and pretty reasonably priced. Last month I bought a couple of their T's with a pocket and they are very well made and I thought the $14.99 price was not too bad.

No, I don't work for them nor do I get any kind of a "cut". Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I'm an old guy with poor circulation but I have a farm to keep up so I am outside a lot. I've been wearing Carhart for years now and I have seen no drop in the quality of their clothing. I'm actually wearing more of their casual clothes ( T shirts, jeans and shirts) than I used to and have been pretty happy. Great quality and pretty reasonably priced. Last month I bought a couple of their T's with a pocket and they are very well made and I thought the $14.99 price was not too bad.

No, I don't work for them nor do I get any kind of a "cut". Smile

Agreed! I saw those Carhartt K87 pocket T shirts at a Tractor Supply while visiting TN and tried one on. It fit really well so I bought two and before coming home I grabbed a bunch more because I liked them so much. The weight is good, the fit is perfect (on me at least) and like you said the price is good.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Carhartt had a sale on those pocket Ts last spring, @ $12.xx. I picked up two, really liked them and grabbed two more while the sale was still on. Much, much better than Duluth's pocket Ts.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been wearing Carhart for years now and I have seen no drop in the quality of their clothing.

Oh, I have. Particularly their T-shirts.

I've been wearing their pocket tees for a long time (since the Wranger Riggs Wear brand went to crap) and I've noticed a definite decrease in quality. Different types of cloth and vastly differing sizing from T-shirt to T-shirt.

Awhile back I picked up two of the same T-shirts. Same color, same size, same country of manufacture. They both fit completely differently.

I've come to buying six or eight at a time (all the same size), washing them, and then returning any that don't fit. Typically only two or three will fit right.

When companies began moving manufacturing offshore they all went to crap. Thank you NAFTA.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of old long tail t shirts. I need length from the large so they are nice size wise.

If folks are looking for just T shirts I suggest looking at 3fittheory.com
I dislike their sales structure but their Gladiator T shirts (their heaviest weight) is pretty good and they are made in the United States.
Again, their sales structure sucks.

Here is my write up on them from awhile back.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...3864&s=674608412&p=1

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
I've been wearing Carhart for years now and I have seen no drop in the quality of their clothing.

Oh, I have. Particularly their T-shirts.
I've been wearing their pocket tees for a long time (since the Wranger Riggs Wear brand went to crap) and I've noticed a definite decrease in quality. Different types of cloth and vastly differing sizing from T-shirt to T-shirt.

Awhile back I picked up two of the same T-shirts. Same color, same size, same country of manufacture. They both fit completely differently.

I've come to buying six or eight at a time (all the same size), washing them, and then returning any that don't fit. Typically only two or three will fit right.

When companies began moving manufacturing offshore they all went to crap. Thank you NAFTA.

I’ve been wearing Carhartt tshirts at work for 30 years. Their sizing has never been 100 percent precise even when they were made in US, but they have not cheapened the material one iota.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much live in Carhart pocket T-shirts . I probably have a dozen of them in all sorts of colors .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I’ve been wearing Carhartt tshirts at work for 30 years. Their sizing has never been 100 percent precise even when they were made in US, but they have not cheapened the material one iota.

I was just folding the laundry. Two Carhartt pocket Ts. Both large, both "original fit". One made in Honduras, one made in Guatemala.

Two completely different types of material. One fits far looser than the other and one has a large neck hole while the other is fits just right.

I wasn't saying the material is cheap, necessarily, just different. I can live with the different material, it's the sizing that irritates the crap out of me, especially since I live an hour and a half from the store I buy them at and it's an extra trip up to return the ones that don't fit.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I was just folding the laundry. Two Carhartt pocket Ts. Both large, both "original fit". One made in Honduras, one made in Guatemala.

Two completely different types of material. One fits far looser than the other and one has a large neck hole while the other is fits just right.

I wasn't saying the material is cheap, necessarily, just different. I can live with the different material, it's the sizing that irritates the crap out of me, especially since I live an hour and a half from the store I buy them at and it's an extra trip up to return the ones that don't fit.

I have a few Carhartt Long Tall T shirts and their sizing is my issue.
Never exactly know what you’ll get. Some fit just right and others are way to snug. As far as I can tell they are the same shirt not a different cut or anything.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Carhartt Ts fit ok, but after a while the neck wears out and the material where the pocket is sewn wears through at the corners. I get mine at Tractor Supply but I wonder if different stores get different levels of quality from Carhartt.
Here is my local Yoop full line Carhartt dealer:
www.getzs.com
Prices are more than Tractor Supply.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post