SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The laziest begger ever!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The laziest begger ever! Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
I was driving the same route for a week. I got to see several baggers along the rout. Then I notice they were on shifts.one guy was replaced by another. Same guys everyday. As one was on a wheelchair, it’s likely that they had a organized shuttle service.

Or, the wheelchair was just a prop.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16484 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites that circulated the web years ago:

"Ninjas killed my family. Need money for Kung-Fu lessons."

Always cracked me up...

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always cringe when I see a car roll down their window and give them a bill ($1+).
The recipient is always able bodied and just using them.
I assume they give to make themselves feel "good".
The end result is ultimately awful. Mad

Posts: 22850 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My favorite local sign: "Blah Blah Blah. I need a beer."

Memphis, baby.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Before I started working at home due to covid, I rode the public bus/train to work most days. In the morning there was usually this one guy on the bus in one of those battery-propelled wheelchairs. He would ride the bus up almost to the freeway on-ramp and then buzz down the ramp and set himself up beside the ramp signal. His sign said he was homeless and needed anything you could spare blah blah blah. But on the bus I heard him talking to another passenger. He was going on about what a great gig he had going. He lives with one of his kids for free and spends his days on the on-ramp begging. On days when I drove to work I would pass him on that ramp and just shook my head at the number of people who rolled down their windows and handed him money.

Posts: 7242 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back about fifteen years ago in St. Pete, Florida there was this guy who would sit in a lawn chair at the traffic light leading from downtown to 270, from his lawn chair he had a basket attached to a long pole and without moving from his spot in the shade he could reach several cars per rotation of the light.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Every day the same people are on the same corners, with the same cars parked a little way down the street.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
There’s a guy that sits holding a sign almost every evening that I see on my way home. Sits on the grass, can’t even get up to work the line of stopped cars at the traffic light.

Shoot quarters at him with a slingshot.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

Always cracked me up...

I might give him a dollar for providing entertainment.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

Always cracked me up...

I might give him a dollar for providing entertainment.

Many years ago in college, I was walking down the street at the border of the college campus. Dude walks up and starts into the “I’m out of gas” story. I just held up my hand to pause him.

“Dude, I’ve heard that three times this week. Tell me a joke. A great story. Something. I’ll pay you to entertain me. But, don’t feed me the same crap.”

Walked past him and kept moving.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had a guy, riding a handicapped scooter, accost me inside a Publix supermarket recently. Comfy chair and air conditioning. Apparently he noticed that I was looking at the smart phone he was holding and said it was a birthday gift from his mother. There was so much I could have said, but I sufficed with "I can't help you.'

Posts: 27815 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a guy who sits in a traffic island. People literally put their car in park to get out and walk over to give him money. People deliver money to him!!!

Posts: 5405 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
We have a guy who sits in a traffic island. People literally put their car in park to get out and walk over to give him money. People deliver money to him!!!

There will always be plenty of stupid to go around.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet he didn't even pick up the trash when he was finished for the day.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I saw a new guy show up at a busy stop normally taken by a woman w/ a limp. I noticed the new guy had decent clothes. He must not have been making much because the next time I saw him there, he had obviously taken mud and rubbed it onto his clothes in such a way it was obvious.
Up and down in front. Nothing on the sides or backside.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they want to impress me with dirty clothes, put dirt everywhere except on the ass. Make it at least *look* like you're a hard worker.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2063 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post