SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the dog pictures
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the dog pictures Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
My pup Anna.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Two of my favorite people.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

My new great-granddogs. 6 in the litter so far and Mom may not be finished yet.

The proud father.

With a little luck, the two silvers (one male, one female) will be as pretty as our dear, departed Fate. We lost her to an incurable skin disease a couple of years ago.

Mom belongs to the breeder that we got both Fate and Crichton from. Daughter will either get a stud fee or a pup. I'm betting she'll go for a pup. Love to get one of the silvers, but I suspect they'll go for a premium.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Dug at 14 weeks

fifth third bank number

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3454 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Great-granddaughter Izzy and Grandma's new puppy, D'Argo.

Her adult Akita, Crichton, is the proud Papa. The puppy is her "stud fee". D'Argo will be neutered when he's of age to avoid issues between two male dogs.

Crichton is a VERY laid back dog, but it'll be interesting to see what he thinks of his new roommate. Couple of weeks yet before they can bring him home.

posted Hide Post
Based on the names of the dogs, appears someone is a fan of Farscape.

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Great-granddaughter Izzy and Grandma's new puppy, D'Argo.

Her adult Akita, Crichton, is the proud Papa. The puppy is her "stud fee". D'Argo will be neutered when he's of age to avoid issues between two male dogs.

Crichton is a VERY laid back dog, but it'll be interesting to see what he thinks of his new roommate. Couple of weeks yet before they can bring him home.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Based on the names of the dogs, appears someone is a fan of Farscape.

Yup, that'd be my daughter.

I suspect that name will wind up sounding a lot like "Doggo", especially from me...

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I miss mine dearly, he was so full of life and hadn't a care in the world, my happy buddy Caine.
I love my cat, but my dogs were my life..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
he's a handsome boy i grew up with an female Irish setter man she loved to run and was funny as hell

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Trying to find the people who lost this little guy:

He was orbiting our front porch the night after a lot of fireworks had gone off (not us) shivering with fear but not aggressive, probably looking at the water bowl on our porch.

My daughter calmed him down, gave him food and water and we got to look at his collar - no ID Frown. She took him (unneutered) to the vet to check for chip - no love there either.

So now we're posting "Dog Found" notices with pictures. Put the pictures into the "Nextdoor" for our area, posted it in the "Found Dog" area at the county pound. Going all out to help this guy back home. Meanwhile he's got his own crate downstairs and is getting the deluxe guest treatment by my daughter.

Reason I'm posting is, being lost in the 1960s re: dog breeds, I instinctively call him a "Dachshund" but it is entirely possible he's either a purebred 'something else' (one reason to explain him not being neutered) or Heinz 57.

Anyone have any ideas on what breed we should call him in the "Dog Found" posters?

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
he's a handsome boy i grew up with an female Irish setter man she loved to run and was funny as hell

side_shot, thank you, I'd walk my dogs every day for about 5mi on leashes, they loved the routine. A few times each week I'd take them to Black Point Marina down the street for a swim and to run free out on the jetty. If I was a little tired from long days at work I'd drive them to a High School field to run free. This routine was every year of their lives. In fact Caine would hang out the back window in my Mustang and bark the whole way in excitement. He once jumped out and ran the rest of the way to the high school just to run, and run he did, the whole time from one end of the field to the other. My dogs were my best friends and miss them dearly.

Joel, you're good people. I pray that you locate this little guys home.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Joel:

My first thought was Rat Terrier, but the legs are a little short for that. Maybe a cross between that and a Dachshund? Whatever he is, good on you and your daughter for taking care of him. Hoping you're able to return him to his family.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Declaring (possibly premature) victory.

Guy living one street north of us, saw the poster and called and was very happy to know Biscuit was found and OK. Smile

Apparently the owner was just given Biscuit by his grandparents who couldn't take care of him. The new owner had no idea he would bolt at the first fireworks....but bolt he well and truly did.

Now, my daughter just has to put the pup in the car and take him about 1/3 mile....happy ending! Smile

I did ask her to see whether the owner knew Biscuit's breed. I'm very curious about that. Our vet thought 'cross between a Rottweiler and a Chihuahua' .... I can't imagine what a cross like that would look or act like. If we find out, I'll post.

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Declaring (possibly premature) victory.

Guy living one street north of us, saw the poster and called and was very happy to know Biscuit was found and OK. Smile

Apparently the owner was just given Biscuit by his grandparents who couldn't take care of him. The new owner had no idea he would bolt at the first fireworks....but bolt he well and truly did.

Now, my daughter just has to put the pup in the car and take him about 1/3 mile....happy ending! Smile

I did ask her to see whether the owner knew Biscuit's breed. I'm very curious about that. Our vet thought 'cross between a Rottweiler and a Chihuahua' .... I can't imagine what a cross like that would look or act like. If we find out, I'll post.

Thank you for your efforts and I love a happy ending!

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Owner didn't know what breed his grandma's dog was, so I'm going to go with "Heinz 57".

Biscuit got on so well with my daughter's dog that it appears she'll start walking her dog down there for play dates. Smile

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
'cross between a Rottweiler and a Chihuahua'.... I can't imagine what a cross like that would look or act like...

It would calmly wait for a sirloin and some tacos. Wink

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasconnor:
My dog can read....

Grand Daughter was ROFLHAO when I was bent over the couch picking stuff up. Spunky the Pit sniffed right on my butt.

Then sneezed.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6287 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Hunter & Dug

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3454 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post