SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fraudulent CC charges… again!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fraudulent CC charges… again! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not long ago one of my cards was hacked. A bunch of crap was ordered from Disney. I called Disney and told them that I had mistakenly given them the wrong shipping address. Disney kindly told me where the crap was sent to. An address in the icky portion of Prince Georges County MD. A bit more digging showed it was the home of a convicted felon. So I called PGC PD and gave them the info. Zero interest. Next call was the credit card fraud dept. Again, zero interest.
And thats the problem. No real effort on anyone's part to go after the thieves.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, you don't call HSN and argue, you call your card holder and tell them you're disputing the charges. They tell you it' done and they're sending a new card.

Yes, my credit card company just kills the charge, issues me a new card, and HSN is out the merchandise the thieving asshole stole. Nobody argued with HSN, they were trying to figure out how to keep the merchandise from being sent which We did. BTW, Chase didn’t give a rats ass. When there are no consequences and the thieves continually get the goods, why would they ever stop. Most of you guys are missing the point. Like taxes, these write offs are passed along to the consumer in higher prices.

quote:
Secondly, it absolutely kills me when, invariably, members will come into threads such as this and say "Hey, it's no biggie. The CC companies don't care. Just another day."

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be any part of financing some lowlife scumbag thief, not even if I'm not liable. This seems to be lost entirely upon some members.

This!!

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

Some asshole using the name Mary Collins in Bristol, TN tried purchasing $374.45 on my card from Home Shopping Network (HSN.com). I caught it before the charge was applied to my account and have spent the last 45 minutes getting the order cancelled with HSN. Burn in hell you thieving asshole!!
There is a possibility that Mary Collins is just an innocent, unknowing, bystander in this.

Consider the possibility that Donald DoucheNozzle has observed Mary Collins and knows that there is nobody home at Mary's house during working hours.

Donald places the order, gets the tracking information and parks just down the street from Mary's house. When UPS or FedEx drops the package at Mary's front door, Donald waits for the delivery truck to leave and then he scoops up the package and departs the vicinity at a high rate of velocity. Mary Collins never knows anything about this, and Donald DoucheNozzle gets away with the goods.

This is a fairly common scenario.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yeah, you don't call HSN and argue, you call your card holder and tell them you're disputing the charges. They tell you it' done and they're sending a new card.

Yes, my credit card company just kills the charge, issues me a new card, and HSN is out the merchandise the thieving asshole stole. Nobody argued with HSN, they were trying to figure out how to keep the merchandise from being sent which We did. BTW, Chase didn’t give a rats ass. When there are no consequences and the thieves continually get the goods, why would they ever stop. Most of you guys are missing the point. Like taxes, these write offs are passed along to the consumer in higher prices.

quote:
Secondly, it absolutely kills me when, invariably, members will come into threads such as this and say "Hey, it's no biggie. The CC companies don't care. Just another day."

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be any part of financing some lowlife scumbag thief, not even if I'm not liable. This seems to be lost entirely upon some members.

This!!

I think a couple of guys are definitely missing the point, and it's the guys who think everybody else is missing the point.

If you set up notifications from your CC company, you find out way before the item is shipped that there's a charge.

You tell your CC company to deny the charges and the merchandise never gets shipped. That's what I'm saying.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think a couple of guys are definitely missing the point, and it's the guys who think everybody else is missing the point.

If you set up notifications from your CC company, you find out way before the item is shipped that there's a charge.

You tell your CC company to deny the charges and the merchandise never gets shipped. That's what I'm saying.

Not the case with Chase bank! I was specifically told to wait for the charge and dispute it. Chase would then withhold payment and the merchant is out for processing the fraudulent charge. They don’t care if the merchandise gets shipped. Chase gave me the phone number and order number for HSN if I wanted to alert them of the fraudulent order. HSN supervisor was appreciative because had the order shipped they would have had to rely on an insurance claim for reimbursement. Maybe the rant should be on Chase, but speaking with my credit union security team several years back, they have so many fraudulent case charges and lack the resources to pursue them criminally.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not the case with Chase bank! I was specifically told to wait for the charge and dispute it. Chase would then withhold payment and the merchant is out for processing the fraudulent charge. They don’t care if the merchandise gets shipped. Chase gave me the phone number and order number for HSN if I wanted to alert them of the fraudulent order. HSN supervisor was appreciative because had the order shipped they would have had to rely on an insurance claim for reimbursement. Maybe the rant should be on Chase, but speaking with my credit union security team several years back, they have so many fraudulent case charges and lack the resources to pursue them criminally.

I have 3 Chase cards and the way I described is the way fraudulent charges were handled. You must've got a new affirmative action hire.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
You must've got a new affirmative action hire.
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
You must've got a new affirmative action hire.
Big Grin

Big Grin