SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tamper resistant packages
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tamper resistant packages Login/Join 
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I've used knives, I've used scissors to get those damned sealed clamshell packages open. Tamper-resistant?! Shit. I had to use my miter saw once on an especially difficult package.

I may try the Zibra Open It! mentioned by 83v45magna, above.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
When I'm struggling, usually with a sharp instrument in my hand, pocking, jabbing, and slicing, all while muttering the most profane language I can think of at the time, I wonder how many people are killed or seriously injured trying to open some of the packaging we consumers face now a days.

LOL, I've had the exact same thought! I absolutely hate those things.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Try and open a bag of charcoal by only pulling the "easy open" string, I dare you, I double dog dare you.......

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Try and open a bag of charcoal by only pulling the "easy open" string, I dare you, I double dog dare you.......

FOGO - easy peasy.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12423 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah HRK, I got a rope (string burn) burn following those directions.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the only solution to this problem is Class Action Lawsuits, very LARGE Class Action Lawsuits. Because I am quite certain that a lot of folks have seriously injured themselves trying to open this packaging.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As to the squeeze to open bottles, mouthwash, dishwasher soap, etc. cut the tabs off the lid. Only have to do it once if you remember to transfer the lid to the new bottle. I usually forget.

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With OTC meds like cold and flu meds, the child-proof packaging is so difficult to open, I have to get help from my grandkids.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
IMO the only solution to this problem is Class Action Lawsuits, very LARGE Class Action Lawsuits. Because I am quite certain that a lot of folks have seriously injured themselves trying to open this packaging.

They’ll say “it’s for child protection” and that’ll be that. It’s fucking ridiculous like everything else these days.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harbor freight has monster scissors on sale for this one specific application.
Ninety car, kitchen, garage nine cents each.

Got three

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I saw a tool advertised as made just for opening those damn packages.
Seriously, it actually came packaged that way itself. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was checking out the Milwaukee scissors. They come, it appears, in a blister pack.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15 years ago I got sick of the way they packaged toys. Now, on Christmas morning, I have my plastic tub next to me that has all kinds of batteries and a pair of sheet metal shears. I’ll never again have Christmas without them.

Posts: 960 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/Nzqp6J_JC_g?feature=share

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post