SIGforum
Tamper resistant packages

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5600049994

April 11, 2023, 10:22 AM
Eponym
Tamper resistant packages
I've used knives, I've used scissors to get those damned sealed clamshell packages open. Tamper-resistant?! Shit. I had to use my miter saw once on an especially difficult package.

I may try the Zibra Open It! mentioned by 83v45magna, above.
April 11, 2023, 10:42 AM
92fstech
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
When I'm struggling, usually with a sharp instrument in my hand, pocking, jabbing, and slicing, all while muttering the most profane language I can think of at the time, I wonder how many people are killed or seriously injured trying to open some of the packaging we consumers face now a days.

LOL, I've had the exact same thought! I absolutely hate those things.
April 11, 2023, 11:55 AM
HRK
Try and open a bag of charcoal by only pulling the "easy open" string, I dare you, I double dog dare you.......
April 11, 2023, 01:04 PM
Georgeair
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Try and open a bag of charcoal by only pulling the "easy open" string, I dare you, I double dog dare you.......

FOGO - easy peasy.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

April 11, 2023, 03:34 PM
recoatlift
Yeah HRK, I got a rope (string burn) burn following those directions.
April 11, 2023, 05:46 PM
Scooter123
IMO the only solution to this problem is Class Action Lawsuits, very LARGE Class Action Lawsuits. Because I am quite certain that a lot of folks have seriously injured themselves trying to open this packaging.

I've stopped counting.
April 14, 2023, 08:02 AM
tjcj
As to the squeeze to open bottles, mouthwash, dishwasher soap, etc. cut the tabs off the lid. Only have to do it once if you remember to transfer the lid to the new bottle. I usually forget.
April 16, 2023, 07:33 PM
NK402
With OTC meds like cold and flu meds, the child-proof packaging is so difficult to open, I have to get help from my grandkids.
April 16, 2023, 08:54 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
IMO the only solution to this problem is Class Action Lawsuits, very LARGE Class Action Lawsuits. Because I am quite certain that a lot of folks have seriously injured themselves trying to open this packaging.

They’ll say “it’s for child protection” and that’ll be that. It’s fucking ridiculous like everything else these days.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
April 17, 2023, 12:18 PM
bendable
Harbor freight has monster scissors on sale for this one specific application.
Ninety car, kitchen, garage nine cents each.

Got three

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
April 17, 2023, 08:54 PM
cparktd
I saw a tool advertised as made just for opening those damn packages.
Seriously, it actually came packaged that way itself. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
May 03, 2023, 04:30 PM
Fredward
I was checking out the Milwaukee scissors. They come, it appears, in a blister pack.
May 18, 2023, 06:43 PM
400m
15 years ago I got sick of the way they packaged toys. Now, on Christmas morning, I have my plastic tub next to me that has all kinds of batteries and a pair of sheet metal shears. I’ll never again have Christmas without them.
July 01, 2023, 06:51 PM
bendable
https://youtube.com/shorts/Nzqp6J_JC_g?feature=share

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first