SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac Login/Join 
posted
is a cowcatcher.
https://tinyurl.com/afvnazzw

I opine that autos and architecture today are two things generally pretty ugly, and each car or structure barely indistinguishable one from the other. Maybe a reflection of the times in which we live or just rejection by me of so much that is considered 'artful' these days.
Whatever, does anyone else feel likewise?

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe my post above should be moved to
'What's Your Deal'. If so will Moderator please move. Sorry.

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
$200k for something made by GM.

Stupid for paying it, crooks for charging it.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
LOL if it includes OnStar I don't want one. Seriously though it's not for me but I hope GM sells a boat load of them.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One reason I bought a truck.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
For that money the Lamborghini is a no-brainer....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
For that money the Lamborghini is a no-brainer....

Unless you need 4 doors/seats (not counting the Urus).
I'd take an AMG wagon & pocket th difference.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not a bad looking car but I would expect a little more exotic looking for $200k.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Maybach ripoff Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Are there still Mac Daddy's around???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
200K lol

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which would you rather have, this or three nice SUV's?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Which would you rather have, this or three nice SUV's?

Ha, the SUV’s, definitely. Cars are nice, but impractical for country living. Love our 4x4’s! (As long as they aren’t those tiny things that they are calling a SUV). Give me an older Bronco or K5 Blazer those were nice ones.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It will be the latest must have in rap videos.

Surrounded by twerkers and gold grilled gangsters makin it rain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look, and if I had an extra $200k in the change drawer, there would be one in the driveway. Admittedly though, have always been a Cadillac man.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
It isn't that it looks particularly bad, but $200K...nope.

Although, I heard years ago that in other countries Caddies are the go-to status symbol in cars. Places where Mercedes and BMWs are like Chevy and Ford here I would imagine.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
It isn't that it looks particularly bad, but $200K...nope.

Although, I heard years ago that in other countries Caddies are the go-to status symbol in cars. Places where Mercedes and BMWs are like Chevy and Ford here I would imagine.

This may be aimed at the new-money Chinese

I remember reading that BUICK of all things is a big status symbol brand over there. Buick? Big Grin

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
“Hand built”?

That’s the last thing I would want to have done on a Caddy.

Robots are much more precise than any human could ever be on a day, day out basis.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
“Hand built”?

That’s the last thing I would want to have done on a Caddy.

Robots are much more precise than any human could ever be on a day, day out basis.

I think robots provide repeatability, but humans provide better tolerances.

Machines fall out of tolerance as they are used, and the tolerances of the things they build suffer for it...and then ultimately a person has to come back and adjust everything back into tolerance.

You'll see a robot spray a coat of paint, because that's something that benefits from repeatability, but the really nice cars have a human doing the final polishing and paint correction, because a human can get the tolerances just right with respect to applying pressure onto a pad on a curved surface.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Honestly, $200k for a car isn't much anymore.

Like, throw a few options onto a G-Wagon and it's pushing past $200k.

A Maybach S-Class *starts* just under $200k.

A Jeep Grand Wagoneer or a Cadillac Escalade is north of $100k fairly optioned out.

$200k for a hand built, low volume car? Yeah, feels about normal. Just about as normal as paying $80k for pickup truck these days.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post