the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5390072694

November 14, 2022, 09:21 PM
clipper1
the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac
is a cowcatcher.
https://tinyurl.com/afvnazzw

I opine that autos and architecture today are two things generally pretty ugly, and each car or structure barely indistinguishable one from the other. Maybe a reflection of the times in which we live or just rejection by me of so much that is considered 'artful' these days.
Whatever, does anyone else feel likewise?
November 14, 2022, 09:34 PM
clipper1
maybe my post above should be moved to
'What's Your Deal'. If so will Moderator please move. Sorry.
November 14, 2022, 10:01 PM
Edmond
$200k for something made by GM.

Stupid for paying it, crooks for charging it.

November 14, 2022, 10:24 PM
ridewv
LOL if it includes OnStar I don't want one. Seriously though it's not for me but I hope GM sells a boat load of them.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
November 15, 2022, 05:42 AM
Fredward
One reason I bought a truck.
November 15, 2022, 05:48 AM
rainman64
For that money the Lamborghini is a no-brainer....

November 15, 2022, 07:09 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
For that money the Lamborghini is a no-brainer....

Unless you need 4 doors/seats (not counting the Urus).
I'd take an AMG wagon & pocket th difference.

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 15, 2022, 11:12 AM
Krazeehorse
Not a bad looking car but I would expect a little more exotic looking for $200k.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
November 15, 2022, 03:58 PM
PASig
Looks like a Maybach ripoff Roll Eyes

November 15, 2022, 08:50 PM
Rey HRH
Are there still Mac Daddy's around???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 15, 2022, 11:14 PM
mod29
200K lol
November 15, 2022, 11:25 PM
whanson_wi
Which would you rather have, this or three nice SUV's?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
November 16, 2022, 06:32 AM
m1009
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Which would you rather have, this or three nice SUV's?

Ha, the SUV’s, definitely. Cars are nice, but impractical for country living. Love our 4x4’s! (As long as they aren’t those tiny things that they are calling a SUV). Give me an older Bronco or K5 Blazer those were nice ones.
November 16, 2022, 07:04 AM
Mars_Attacks
It will be the latest must have in rap videos.

Surrounded by twerkers and gold grilled gangsters makin it rain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
November 16, 2022, 08:15 AM
Calif Phil
I like the look, and if I had an extra $200k in the change drawer, there would be one in the driveway. Admittedly though, have always been a Cadillac man.
November 16, 2022, 10:18 AM
apprentice
It isn't that it looks particularly bad, but $200K...nope.

Although, I heard years ago that in other countries Caddies are the go-to status symbol in cars. Places where Mercedes and BMWs are like Chevy and Ford here I would imagine.
November 16, 2022, 11:20 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
It isn't that it looks particularly bad, but $200K...nope.

Although, I heard years ago that in other countries Caddies are the go-to status symbol in cars. Places where Mercedes and BMWs are like Chevy and Ford here I would imagine.

This may be aimed at the new-money Chinese

I remember reading that BUICK of all things is a big status symbol brand over there. Buick? Big Grin

November 16, 2022, 12:13 PM
smlsig
“Hand built”?

That’s the last thing I would want to have done on a Caddy.

Robots are much more precise than any human could ever be on a day, day out basis.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
November 16, 2022, 05:15 PM
Aeteocles
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
“Hand built”?

That’s the last thing I would want to have done on a Caddy.

Robots are much more precise than any human could ever be on a day, day out basis.

I think robots provide repeatability, but humans provide better tolerances.

Machines fall out of tolerance as they are used, and the tolerances of the things they build suffer for it...and then ultimately a person has to come back and adjust everything back into tolerance.

You'll see a robot spray a coat of paint, because that's something that benefits from repeatability, but the really nice cars have a human doing the final polishing and paint correction, because a human can get the tolerances just right with respect to applying pressure onto a pad on a curved surface.
November 16, 2022, 05:19 PM
Aeteocles
Honestly, $200k for a car isn't much anymore.

Like, throw a few options onto a G-Wagon and it's pushing past $200k.

A Maybach S-Class *starts* just under $200k.

A Jeep Grand Wagoneer or a Cadillac Escalade is north of $100k fairly optioned out.

$200k for a hand built, low volume car? Yeah, feels about normal. Just about as normal as paying $80k for pickup truck these days.