SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The flu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The flu Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
It is bad

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I had influenza A last year and can sympathize … it’s awful.

Good luck with it … this, too, shall pass.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
A family member in Texas just got diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Hope this rolls through quickly for you, and you’re back to normal soon!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5324 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I started to get sick early December, in my normal fashion my body suppressed it a while only to have it come back a week and a half later. Then it hit me full force. I don't know what it was. Negative covid test. Flu/bad cold symptoms. Crazy body aches, high out of my head fever, then a week's worth of full on cold symptoms. Never fully got over it. Post nasal drip and cough through February.

Mid February it starts back up. A couple days of body aches. High out of my head fever one night, followed by a week of full on cold symptoms. This time I DID test positive for Covid. A week of cold symptoms. Post nasal drip and cough never went away.

This Monday/Tuesday, bad body aches, slight fever. Here we go again. Negative for covid or flu on Wednesday. Put me on antibiotics and steroid. Thursday, boom! Monster cold symptoms, like I haven't experienced in years. Unreal. Basically been sick for three months.

Dr. says if they antibiotics don't clear up some respiratory infection, there could be some secondary virus. Guess work in a white coat, not much they can do I suppose.

It's been fun. Missed 3 1/2 plus weeks of work thus far, and been fully time miserable.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mine lingered in/out for about a month & a half.
It's been making the rounds around here.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Got hit with a doozy of a case of Influenza A a few weeks ago and can confirm it sucks. Was almost a full 3 weeks until I felt completely normal again.

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
That is why I take the vaccine.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post