SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Remember the "old days" of shopping?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the "old days" of shopping? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
You know, when people could shop without a cup of coffee. Or a bottle of water. Or a dog. Big Grin

Had to go to Target today and was struck by how odd it's become.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I would like it if people would stop behaving as if I was trying to murder them just by breathing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I wish people would START behaving like my breath would murder them.

I’d get where the fuck I’m goin much faster.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

I would like it if people would stop behaving as if I was trying to murder them just by breathing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30636 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You know, when people could shop without a cup of coffee. Or a bottle of water. Or a dog. Big Grin

Had to go to Target today and was struck by how odd it's become.

They usually had four or five kids instead.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand the need to have “pets” in shopping stores, grocery stores. If you can’t maintain, you should not be out.

No need for psychological help. Stay the F home & have a nice safe day!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to start carrying a wiffle bat with me for the shit 4 brains cell phone talkers that plug up the isles

It will have a bicycle bulb horn on the handle,
To warn offenders.
But you get a whack if you don't respond in kind

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I want to start carrying a wiffle bat with me for the shit 4 brains cell phone talkers that plug up the isles

It will have a bicycle bulb horn on the handle,
To warn offenders.
But you get a whack if you don't respond in kind

A Most Excellent Idea. I'll be cruising Goodwill for a whiffle bat...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Why does it bother you that people have water or coffee while shopping?

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Why does it bother you that people have water or coffee while shopping?

Probably because they are turning the shopping trip to get simple household events into an event instead of getting things done. This tends to clog lanes, make it more difficult to traverse the establishment, get your items and get the fuck out of the place and get back to your family and life. These idiots have all day to clown around in a store and he’s probably just trying to get his shit done and get out.

This is a problem shopping everywhere. I buy most of my groceries at Costco. I game the time I go to and wouldn’t go on a weekend if they said all my groceries are free. In fact you couldn’t pay me to drive into that parking lot on a weekend as it’s a got damn travesty on par with old school Xmas shopping at a mall on Xmas Eve. So I’ll go at night, close to close, or go in the day non lunch hour. Idiots in there with no life whatsoever. Standing in lanes, oooh look at that, with no comprehension to traffic flow and NOT being an asshole by blocking throughput. It’s a joke. I can enter the ingress and egress that front door if a bunch of idiots aren’t in there. If they are it’s 30 minutes.

It sucks. Our entire society is just going to shit with stupidity. Narcissism, the phones, social media. It’s just insane.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Life is short enough, I really don't care. Unless someone is directly bothering me it is not an issue. I try to go during less busy times. Focusing on the bad habits of others is futile.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its multi tasking. Some people can walk the dog, have coffee and, shop, all in one task. Plus talk in the phone.. Big Grin. I never take my coffee into the shower with me.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Posts: 27917 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Eric !
Swing for the cheap seats !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember the "old days" of shopping?

Not a big fan but my wife makes up for it and make it live even today. Frown

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
An era long gone.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember back in the day when I would shop at Westland Mall in Cols OH.

I would meet up with my friends to hit the arcade then grab a pretzel from Orange Julius or a slice at Dimitrios.

The Lazarus Dept store had a formal restaurant upstairs but on the bottomm floor had a snack bar.

If you went downtown, Lazarus had two restaurants if I remember correctly. One was very formal but the other one was more relaxed.

JcPenny's used to have a great restaurant.

Anybody remember Kmart and their blue light specials. When I would visit my grandparents in Southern Ohio, we would alawys eat lunch at the restaurant in the back of the store. Before we left, we always grabbed a sub from the snack bar in the front of the store.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Seeing how Targets put a Starbucks at the front of their stores, I think it is Target's plan to get people to drink coffee as they wander the store.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Seeing how Targets put a Starbucks at the front of their stores, I think it is Target's plan to get people to drink coffee as they wander the store.

So does Fry's Supermarkets around here.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Some people can walk the dog...

They're almost never walking the dog. Carrying the dog. Pushing the dog, yes.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post