SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Remember the "old days" of shopping?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the "old days" of shopping? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I still fail to see how me carrying a coffee walking around a store affects your shopping experience.

I usually go early Sunday morning to do our grocery run for the week.
Usually brew a travel mug & take it with me.
Our grocery (HEB) carts have a cup holder & I can have my coffee while going through my list.
BT headphones & a set list, and I'm usually in & out before the church crowd floods the store.

I did think of this thread on Monday, saw a guy walking his dog through the store (which is posted no pets, apart from svc animals) which had no svc animal markings. Dog wasn't in the way, but was something else to avoid while navigating the last minute Valentine's croud.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
A couple of weeks ago, my local Publix had a sign saying shoppers must not put their dogs in the shopping carts. It didn't seem to deter anyone.

My wife and I are dog lovers and we've had a least one all the time we've been married.

But I don't want or appreciate having someone's dog, even mine, sitting with their rear end where the next shoppers to use that cart are gonna place their grocery items.

I get some odd looks at the grocery when I pull off a big bunch of the anti-germ wipes and rub the whole cart down.

I don't care.
Yep do the same, wipe the handle since people sneeze, cough and wipe their noses, pick their asses and push the cart, and wipe the seat area down because rug rats and pets.

So far haven't see anyone bringing a dog into our Publix, yet....

But I'm still wiping that cart...
I frequently see people with dogs in Publix. Fortunately, they are either innocuous hand-held size, or larger dogs that are well-behaved.

As far as wiping the cart handle etc., I do that. I also ask the bagger not to put my food items "where babies with poopy diapers sit." I usually get a return look of surprised comprehension, like they never thought of that before.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post