SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You ship me the wrong part, and I have to pay to return it? Grrr.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You ship me the wrong part, and I have to pay to return it? Grrr. Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've got "Jim" on the phone now.

Holy smokes, "Jim." I've given you the part number I requested. I've looked up and given you the part number you actually sent me. I've told you a couple of times now that the package was marked with the number I requested, but the contents were different. How many more times are you going to ask, "okay, let me check it, okay?"

Grr.

- - - - -

Eight minutes later...

Okay, I have your email offering a return label. And now you tell me my refund amount will be $22.52. Jim, I'm not happy. The part was $29.99 to begin with, plus tax and ten bucks or so in shipping. We're moving backward here, Jim.

"Okay, let me just check it, okay?"

(Facepalm.)

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
GAAAAHH!! JERKS!!!

I see now that they only refunded *part* of my purchase price, even after we had that sorted out by phone last weekend.

Time to get another cup of coffee and get back on the phone with them.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Rock Auto... um... rocks! Cool

I did get an email from those other guys this afternoon saying that [the rest of] my refund had been processed. I'll check the account statement shortly to verify.

Lesson learned: stick with Rock Auto.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on an RMA to return mine.
They won't issue a refund until the parts are returned.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good return story with Brownells. I ordered 2 pilots for cylinder chamfering tool. My chamfering tool is older and uses a threaded pilot, the new ones have a flat side and a set screw to hold pilots in.
Went to Brownells web site followed instructions, printed a pre paid label and mailed the pilots back.
10 days later full refund fort he pilots on my card.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, fudge. I get to grouch again, but this time it's on me.

It turns out this piece is actually two pieces -- the black plastic piece and the shiny plastic piece are sold separately. It's my fault for not noticing. Dang.

Rock Auto, get ready to help me out again!

God bless America.