SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You ship me the wrong part, and I have to pay to return it? Grrr.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You ship me the wrong part, and I have to pay to return it? Grrr. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Okay, online car parts place (no, not the one we see advertised so often), it's official: I'm peeved at you.

I look up the part. The listing shows a pic. The pic shows the right part. I order the part. I receive the part. The stickers on the package show it's the part I ordered. The part in the package, however, is for a different version of the vehicle and doesn't look like the part in the pic you offered.

I request a return. The online return form forces me to submit three pictures. I gather pictures, upload to the form, and click "Submit." Form gives me a message: "Oops. An error has occurred." And then we go back to square one.

So I attempt the online chat thing. I provide all the pertinent information up front. I get no response at all.

Okay, I'll email you jokers. Granted, you respond quickly. Reading the response carefully it becomes clear "y'all ain't from around here." But that's not relevant. Moving along: your email states that the part won't fit cars with fog lights. No kidding? Really? That's why I emailed you to begin with. Then you go on to offer me a stock number -- the same number as what I ordered. Durr!! And then you go on to say, "Unfortunately, we can't do an exchange for a different part numbers. We can just set up a return for refund, then you re- order the correct part." UM... I'm not asking for a different part number -- I want the part that goes with the number I asked for! Further, there's no offer from you guys to pay the return shipping -- in fact, you tell me that if I ask for a return label, you state you'll deduct that cost from my refund.

No, online parts goofballs, I don't think so. I'll ship this one to you on Monday -- at my expense and with a detailed letter -- and this afternoon I'll order the part from the other guys. I'll kick myself for not having gone with the "known good source" to begin with.

And then I'll have a mojito. So there.

Jerks.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They messed up, I would dispute the charge. If they want their crap back, they need to provide a shipping label

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm peeved enough to endure the crappy hold music now... I'm not one to raise Cain, but someone there is going to have to explain this to me, and do a darned good job of it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've got "Jim" on the phone now.

Holy smokes, "Jim." I've given you the part number I requested. I've looked up and given you the part number you actually sent me. I've told you a couple of times now that the package was marked with the number I requested, but the contents were different. How many more times are you going to ask, "okay, let me check it, okay?"

Grr.

- - - - -

Eight minutes later...

Okay, I have your email offering a return label. And now you tell me my refund amount will be $22.52. Jim, I'm not happy. The part was $29.99 to begin with, plus tax and ten bucks or so in shipping. We're moving backward here, Jim.

"Okay, let me just check it, okay?"

(Facepalm.)

God bless America.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Okay, another ten minutes and it's solved.

Jim got it worked out, but it took some doing. Full refund, and they pay the shipping. Some things you just can't work out online, it seems.

Rock Auto, here I come.

God bless America.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
That's one reason why Amazon is killing butt. No B.S. return policy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm dealing with similar right now.

Ordered a mirror for my wife's Flex.

Wrong part came in.
Placed order for both mirrors, as the other got smashed. Order cancelled & refunded on those.

Got used mirrors from LKQ & all is good on the car.

But, I still have the first, wrong, mirror.
No one available to call. Have sent no fewer than 10 emails 2 3 addresses, with no response. I'm to the point of going through my bank & possibly a BBB complaint.

And this is with one of the quite large OEM parts houses.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Paid with credit card? Dispute the charge.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Wrong parts on their mistake should be returned on their dime with correct parts shipped on their dime or contest credit card charges. If they still do not want to play ball then they can come and physically pickup the parts.. Plus bad press. ....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Paid with credit card? Dispute the charge.

Unfortunately, mine was paid via my bank card.
Bank says they are not elligible to dispute the charge, as I ordered a mirror & received a mirror.
If I had ordered a mirror & received a pineapple, they'd be able to help.

Mad

Giving the vendor 1 more chance to respond before looking for another avenue to resolve this.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Following your bank's logic, if you ordered size 11 shoes and you received size 8, you would not be eligible to dispute the charge because you ordered shoes and you received shoes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Following your bank's logic, if you ordered size 11 shoes and you received size 8, you would not be eligible to dispute the charge because you ordered shoes and you received shoes.

That's definitely the impression I got.
A bit disappointed with Chase in that regard.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

??? Are you meaning a debit card?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Yes, paid out of my normal checking acct via debit card, transaction online.

Hindsight, should've put it on the CC & just paid it off once the charge went through...

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hindsight, should've put it on the CC & just paid it off once the charge went through...

I'm sure you've heard the advice here before to never use a debit card for other than an ATM transaction. Way too many down sides and risks as you're finding out. Sorry....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sure you've heard the advice here before to never use a debit card for other than an ATM transaction. Way too many down sides and risks as you're finding out. Sorry....

This 1000 percent. Debit cards have so many disadvantages and no real advantage.

Mine sit in my safe. I don't even know if I activated that last one.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Minor progress.
Took lodging a BBB complaint, of which this vendor has multiple & a 1/5 rating with the BBB, to get a response.
Vendor has 36 complaints in the last 3 years, and 27 in the last year.

They're approving an RMA, but I'm not accepting this as resolved without a refund as well.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Keep after it, P250.

On a brighter note, I got a big ol' box from Rock Auto on my porch this afternoon. Right part, on time. Can't fuss about that. Cool

God bless America.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Keep after it, P250.

On a brighter note, I got a big ol' box from Rock Auto on my porch this afternoon. Right part, on time. Can't fuss about that. Cool

No complaints for Rock Auto from me, top notch. Just about the Top Gun Supply of the aftermarket car parts world.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Indeed. I kick myself for giving "those other guys" a shot.

God bless America.