SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I could start a blog about the ineptitude of AMAZON.COM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I could start a blog about the ineptitude of AMAZON.COM Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
My current situation, which is not Amazon's fault.

We might be in the same boat with a present we ordered a week ago…apparently UPS picked it up no abruptly lost it within 1 day.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
My current situation, which is not Amazon's fault.

We might be in the same boat with a present we ordered a week ago…apparently UPS picked it up and abruptly lost it within 1 day.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, we order a LOT from Amazon. As in at least 2 (sometime more) deliveries per week. Since before the pandemic. Have to say we've had our screw-ups, but maybe 5% of the time and they've FIXED and re-sent or expedited a refund pronto, with an "acceptable" amount of fuss. So, we're sticking with it...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My Amazon orders go back to at least 2002 and have slowly ramped up to 79 in 2000 and 70 in 2001... so far. I even order most of my car repair parts from them, I have a door latch cable and a door window glass sitting in my garage right now waiting for install in a sister in laws car. Also 285 Amazon Smile orders made that have contributed $75 to my current charity of choice.

So, I don't understand the hate. Never had an issue.

However... I try to only search for items that are good for "Prime" and I always check the rating of the seller and run the item reviews through the Fake Spot web site.

I have only returned an item twice, once for an item of clothing that didn't fit, for which they did a cross ship exchange and once for an item destroyed in shipping, also a cross ship replacement.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha just got sent a Polish translation copy of Steven King's latest book. How in the fuck do they make that mistake?

Now she has to try to return it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon (China) has been pretty good with me so far.
My latest whine concerns their boxes. Used to be you could recycle the box and reuse it to ship something yourself. But lately, I have been getting a "we are saving the climate" box, which is so flimsy it can barely make it to me and forget about using it again. So, you toss it out!
How does that save the planet?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were these problem items sold/fulfilled by Amazon itself or by other 3rd Party vendors using the Amazon platform? Like most others, I have had nearly flawless service from Amazon itself, but I can recall a couple items I ordered from other vendors that had issues.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When I buy from Amazon itself and have items shipped from Amazon, I very, very rarely have a problem, and when I do, Amazon fixes it without a minute's trouble.

Non-Amazon sellers are another story entirely. Some are just fine, and others are not very good.

I generally don't buy from non-Amazon sellers, and avoid most of these problems. Each listing tells you who the actual seller and shipper are.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
When I buy from Amazon itself and have items shipped from Amazon, I very, very rarely have a problem, and when I do, Amazon fixes it without a minute's trouble.

Non-Amazon sellers are another story entirely. Some are just fine, and others are not very good.

I generally don't buy from non-Amazon sellers, and avoid most of these problems. Each listing tells you who the actual seller and shipper are.

Exactly ^^^^^^^
and if you click on the sellers name you get a review score for that seller... I try to stay in the high 90% or I don't use them.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post