SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I could start a blog about the ineptitude of AMAZON.COM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I could start a blog about the ineptitude of AMAZON.COM Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
In the last 6 months alone I've received dozens of items that were listed as new, and then clearly used or open-box when they arrived.

- A Waste King garbage disposal that was literally rusting around the collar, and included an incorrect drain stopper. (Listed as NEW)

- A dog food tub to store my wood pellets for my smoker arrived in a clear plastic bag marked "CUSTOMER RETURN - KOHLS" (Listed as NEW)

- A box of fry out phosphate dishwasher soap that was half-empty. (Listed as NEW)

- A cake decorating set for my daughter, where the package was shredded, in a bag, and parts were missing. (Listed as NEW)

- And this morning an order of 10 Anker USB-C adapters included 1 (one) of the 10 (ten) we ordered and they're trying to tell me via India, that my shipment was complete.

AMAZON.COM is the biggest fraudulent pile of dog shit company ever, and believe me, I'm not just buying from shady Marketplace sellers either. AMAZON LLC. Every week I have to spend money there for my work, so I'm sure I'll be able to update this space with more ineptitude in no time.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That blows. I did receive a red dot magnifier that came in a ziplock baggy marked as new. I bitched and got half off

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one 3pack of mouthwash. These sent me three 3-packs and only charged me for one. Sometimes incompetence has benefits to others. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Only thing we received, well, didn't receive due to Amazon incompetence was a pizza peel, the person boxing up the product only taped one end closed. We received the box two weeks late, and of course, sans the peel.

Amazon replaced it without issue, but that's the only order I can remember that had issues over many orders..

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Only thing we received, well, didn't receive due to Amazon incompetence was a pizza peel, the person boxing up the product only taped one end closed. We received the box two weeks late, and of course, sans the peel.

Amazon replaced it without issue, but that's the only order I can remember that had issues over many orders..
I've been using Amazon since they were a bookstore and have had about the same experience.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
In the last 10-odd years, I've had a few mix ups, but they never failed to make it right.

Just this week I ordered ONE Starrett power hacksaw blade. What I received was a box of 4. What I suspect happened is the packer opened a new box of 5 (as labeled on the box) and took one out to ship and then tossed the wrong part in the shipment.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've been buying from Amazon for around 20 years and never had a single problem with anything I bought, including the Anker USB-C adapters the OP mentioned.

And Mrs. Flash buys a LOT from Amazon, I just checked and 179 orders in 2020.

That's a lot with absolutely no problems or mistakes.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I've never had these problems on Amazon. I've run into issues before, very infrequent and usually a delivery delay not caused by them. I'm surprised at the OPs luck. That sucks. Is everything "shipped and sold by Amazon"? I rarely buy anything that isn't directly from Amazon.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Every time I had an issue with an Amazon order it was a third party seller (Amazon was only the marketplace).

I try to make sure the items I buy are listed and sold by Amazon, and never have issues with those.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Usually I have no problems. Bought Wago 221-613. Advertised as 50 in a box, they sent a box of 30. I called up, she looked at the listing, and then sent me another box of 30 for free. I really can't complain.

The listing is still up for 50, but of course they're only 30. I should just order those every time.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They have been ok and I like the fact that a portion of most every sale goes to Akita Rescue in NJ.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I've been using Amazon since they were a bookstore and have had about the same experience.

This is my experience as well. I once received 6 of my favorite hot pepper sauces when I ordered a 3 pack. I let them know and told them I would pay for them. They responded with a message of "keep them on us".
Like others have said, I try to avoid buying from 3rd party suppliers.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the troubles you are having.

We order a lot from Amazon and I have never received anything listed as new that was used in any way or any order shorted. Been shopping there since 2007.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
We have ordered a metric shit ton from AMAZON going way back and never had an issue and returns have always been smooth as glass when necessary.

Make sure you buy from Amazon vs their “market place” and make sure it’s listed free returns.

I even bought an ACOG years back and got an actual real non fake Trijicon product. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I like a particular brand of steak sauce, HP. It used to be available at Meijer's some other places around here. Half way through the only bottle I have so I try Amazon. Two bottles, twelve dollars. Order fulfilled by Amazon, I don't go for fulfillment by an outside source.

Received them, problem was both bottles have a shelf pull date of January 2022, way too close to for me at six bucks a bottle. So I contact Amazon, explain my objection to the pull date. They tell me that they are refunding and to dispose of the sauce.

Week later the vendor messages me through Amazon asking me why I requested a refund which I answered. A couple days later they now request that I sent them multiple angle photos of the bottles. I emailed back through Amazon "Your stock is outdated, if you want it back send me a UPS call tag, Amazon will not accept the item back."

Guess they need to check their stock better. There was at least one other complaint of outdated sauce being shipped.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have placed many orders with Amazon and have not had any problems that I can recall, let alone anything like that in the OP. These are most likely other vendors selling on Amazon. I did have a problem with such a vendor on Walmart.com ("tracking" said my item was delivered but it wasn't), but it was resolved quickly.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your luck. I think Amazon has been awesome.

The only issue I had was when I ordered a trailer hitch pin for my riding mower. Somehow it was damaged in shipping. Not sure how you damage a solid stick of metal. I get a notification for a refund issued. I chat with them and say I still want the item. I was told to simply reorder. When I check back the price was almost double. I chat again and they say order it and we will correct it on our end. Never gets corrected and I chat again. They refunded the amount and said its yours for free.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a few screwups with my orders from Amazon…but they have always made it right…the latest…I ordered a set of LEE reloading dies for 7.62X39 and only received the plastic box lid (?)…contacted Amazon and they sent me another ASAP Smile…a few Christmases ago I ordered two ride toys for my grandkids ($100+ each), with soft plastic covered wheels (to cut down on noise) one came as ordered, one came with the dreaded hard plastic wheels, when I contacted Amazon to return the wrong toy…I was instructed to donate the toy to charity (I chose our local Police “empty stocking” drive) and I would receive the correct as ordered “quiet” wheeled version within the next few days (they delivered)…I’ve been a satisfied Amazon customer ever since…YMMV Wink…just remember that every company fucks up from time to time but how they rectify the problem is clutch especially in this “new reality” we have been burdened with Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Wow. Sorry to hear about these issues you've had.

However, like others, I have to admit to receiving trouble-free buying from Amazon. In fact, I've had them provide great service when there was a mix up.

I returned two items via the Kohl's store drop-off. I didn't notice at the time, but the clerk at Kohl's only scanned one of the items, so it looked to Amazon that I had not returned the second item.

Weeks later, I got an email from Amazon telling me that, since I had not returned the second item, they were going to charge me for it. I contacted Amazon customer service and told the I'd returned both, but of course had nothing to prove it. The rep said 'don't worry about it' and credited me for the return.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
My current situation, which is not Amazon's fault.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post