SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tesla drivers bad behavior
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla drivers bad behavior Login/Join 
Picture of xaircav
posted
I often see Tesla drivers going well over the speed limit.My theory is most are affluent with an over developed sense of entitlement. Teslas are stupid fast and quiet so it’s probably hard for drivers to get a sense of their speed. Disclaimer: I’m not a left lane bandit. I drive 5 to 10 over the limit and get routinely passed by these flying golf carts. Your thoughts?

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have’t noted any behaviors I could attribute specifically to Tesla drivers around here. Now Massholes, FIBs, New Yorkers, Minneslowtans, and Ontarians are a different story.

Posts: 10784 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
seems logical, plenty of Tesla Drivers traded in their BMW's Big Grin

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xaircav:
I often see Tesla drivers going well over the speed limit.

Shocking behavior. That's no way for adults to conduct themselves.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
They seem to drive about the same as anyone else here. Even our BMW drivers mostly behave. Really, the only cars I see stereotypically misbehaving around here are late 90s-early 2000s Altimas and V6 Chargers.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I didn't get it and responded. Now I get it, and I have to edit to come back and say well done.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3503 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I didn't get until you said you didn't get it.
Now I get it and I'm sad that I did.
Horrible, Terrible pun. Shockingly bad.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
seems logical, plenty of Tesla Drivers traded in their BMW's Big Grin

Prerequisite Driver Training... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8731 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I agree! Great pun. In comedy timing is everything.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustang drivers seem to be the worst imo. Never really noticed teslas going too fast, but I guess as long as your not an asshole I don’t really care how fast you’re going most of our freeways are 5-6 lanes so usually there’s plenty of lanes for shenanigans.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I personally believe bad driving has more to do with the torque these drivers feel in the Tesla moreso than the socioeconomic class of the driver. After all, a higher sticker price predetermines (for the most part) the qualifiers for ownership, but my experience is that there are jerks in every class of people. So some of these folks may just be high on the newly experienced ability to weave through traffic and emulate BMW owners?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the OP said that HE was the one going 5-10 over, and the Tesla drivers were flying by.

If 5-10 over qualifies one for a-hole status, I'm the course instructor....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Driving fast isn't a trigger for me. Driving unsafe is. Fast doesn't necessarily equate to being unsafe.

I see you coming up behind me on the fast lane, I'll gladly move over to let you by as I hope others do the same for me. You keep weaving through traffic lanes, that's being unsafe.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19555 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I haven't noticed it in Tesla drivers.

Now, a twenty-something woman driving almost anything is another story. They'd rather be dipped in boiling oil than let you merge in front of them or yield in any way. My theory is that they think they have no power anywhere else, and they'll be damned if they are going to cede you anything on the road.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
quote:
I often see Tesla drivers going well over the speed limit.My theory is most are affluent with an over developed sense of entitlement. Teslas are stupid fast and quiet so it’s probably hard for drivers to get a sense of their speed. Disclaimer: I’m not a left lane bandit. I drive 5 to 10 over the limit and get routinely passed by these flying golf carts. Your thoughts?

The new "BMW/Mustang" drivers

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Tesla drivers are not even on my top list of 10 bad drivers. Around here the only thing worse than a BMW driver is a Eastern European BMW driver.

Posts: 2674 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Around here it's lifted crew cab pickups, usually white.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Tesla drivers around me are quite docile it’s the rabid Mustang, Camaro and Corvette drivers who love to ignore the speed limit signs in my area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21045 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Driving fast isn't a trigger for me. Driving unsafe is. Fast doesn't necessarily equate to being unsafe.

I see you coming up behind me on the fast lane, I'll gladly move over to let you by as I hope others do the same for me. You keep weaving through traffic lanes, that's being unsafe.

Slalom practice builds hand-eye coordination.

It's not the speed that hurts people, it's the driving into stuff.

Just don't drive into stuff.

Posts: 5089 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have noticed the bad behavior, just not the Tesla.

I wish I had the problems you do.

Most of the dumb shits around here go about 10 to 15 MPH below the posted limit in both lanes. Everyday. Mad

Posts: 9093 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Around here, yeah I see many Tesla drivers as narcissists thinking they are better than everyone else and driving like it. I daily drive a Leaf and it’s funny to see them race past me on purpose or try to drag race from a light just to prove their EV superiority. LMAO. My Leaf is my DD because it was very inexpensive and flies way under the radar. Many Tesla owners bought it as a status symbol and have an inferiority complex. Much the same way you’ll see dudes in Chargers and Challengers driving like complete ass holes for the same reasons.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12555 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post