SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tesla drivers bad behavior
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla drivers bad behavior Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I haven't noticed it in Tesla drivers.

Now, a twenty-something woman driving almost anything is another story. They'd rather be dipped in boiling oil than let you merge in front of them or yield in any way. My theory is that they think they have no power anywhere else, and they'll be damned if they are going to cede you anything on the road.

I think you have that 180° backwards. They’re used to having all the power, and don’t realize that the cooter doesn’t entitle them to extra ass kissing on the highway.

MmmmHmmm

True more often than not IME.

Posts: 5089 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xaircav:
I often see Tesla drivers going well over the speed limit.
My theory is most are affluent with an over developed sense of entitlement.
Tesla's are stupid fast ...

Your thoughts?

Nothing to do with being a Tesla owner (I am not one).
Nothing to do with being affluent and entitled (not one here either)
They ARE stupid fast - (total agreement).

If any are a contributing factor the latter would be my guess.
IMO, it sounds like you are more unhappy about those with Tesla's and have money than someone speeding. Eek

Posts: 22825 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Now, a twenty-something woman driving almost anything is another story. They'd rather be dipped in boiling oil than let you merge in front of them or yield in any way. My theory is that they think they have no power anywhere else, and they'll be damned if they are going to cede you anything on the road.

Wow, you couldn't be more right. My first wife (20 years old) and I had just gotten home from our honeymoon and picked up our cars (mine and hers) at her parents' house.

We were driving down the freeway in the slow lane and a car was coming on the onramp, trying to get on the freeway. My wife wouldn't move over to the next lane, nor would she slow down to make room. She refused to yield. The driver on the onramp (another 20 year old) took the same tactic. Wouldn't speed up, wouldn't slow down and wouldn't yield.

They hit and both were pretty badly injured. My wife ended up with her teeth biting through her lower lip and needed stitches and a plastic surgeon. The other driver had broken ribs and a broken arm.

After my wife was healed I talked to her about it and she got livid and said "I had the right of way."

What a bitch and I'd never seen that aspect of her before. I enjoyed divorcing her years later.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much projection from the flawless, omnipotent, virtuous among us.

"Your world frightens and confuses me. Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW and run off into the hills or whatever."

I follow the just under 10 miles over rule and observe cars of all makes with male and female drivers of all ages fly by me, tailgate, swerve in front of me aggressively without signaling, and we own two BMW’s.

Posts: 29 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

After my wife was healed I talked to her about it and she got livid and said "I had the right of way."
She was correct. She did have the right of way. I was always taught that the only sensible thing you can do with the right of way, is to yield it to the other driver.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

She was correct. She did have the right of way. I was always taught that the only sensible thing you can do with the right of way, is to yield it to the other driver.

Agreed. At some point it becomes stupidity. And if it's really bad, you can be dead right.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Around these parts the slow and hesitant drivers are much more dangerous than the "fast" drivers.
At least you know what the fast drivers are going to do-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

My wife wouldn't move over to the next lane, nor would she slow down to make room. She refused to yield. The driver on the onramp (another 20 year old) took the same tactic. Wouldn't speed up, wouldn't slow down and wouldn't yield.

Ummm…do you seriously not know how on-ramps and merging work???

It’s NEVER THE JOB of the traffic on the road to slow down or yield to traffic coming on via an on-ramp! NEVER!

That’s why the on-ramp HAS YIELD SIGNS, not the highway.

Posts: 33541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to an officer at the scene , the young lady trying to merge
said it was her turn. I couldn't imagine being an officer and having
to deal with so many stupid people.

Posts: 947 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

My wife wouldn't move over to the next lane, nor would she slow down to make room. She refused to yield. The driver on the onramp (another 20 year old) took the same tactic. Wouldn't speed up, wouldn't slow down and wouldn't yield.

It’s NEVER THE JOB of the traffic on the road to slow down or yield to traffic coming on via an on-ramp! NEVER!

I had a sort of similar but not exactly the same encounter earlier today (yesterday, actually, since Old Guy insomnia has me up and awake in the wee hours of the morning).

There is a long on-ramp that I use. It starts as two lanes and merges to one lane while it is still an on-ramp, before it gets to the highway.

There I was, at heavy traffic commuting hour, with everybody being polite and doing the alternate merge "like a zipper" thing. Everybody that is, except the young female of a certain group, who was next to me and by the alternate merge protocol should have merged behind me, but she was damned if she was going to allow anybody to get in front of her.

Preferring to have undamaged paint and sheet metal, I deferred to her self-righteousness, only to be rewarded when she waved to me, using the middle-finger wave. Karma will find her, she can't hide forever. Wink

Neither Tesla nor BMW. She was driving a Nissan sedan, Altima or Maxima, not sure which.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Of course I do. I thought it was pretty obvious I was showing that you can be dead right, but I guess I was wrong.

I guess you would've done what she did and just keep on going straight until the crash because after all, you had the right of way.

Seems logical to me.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of course I do. I thought it was pretty obvious I was showing that you can be dead right, but I guess I was wrong.

I guess you would've done what she did and just keep on going straight until the crash because after all, you had the right of way.

Seems logical to me.

My point was, if the person merging is doing the right thing, there would never be any sort of crash.

They are supposed to wait until there’s an opening or a chance to SAFELY merge into oncoming traffic.

Posts: 33541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seems logical to me.

My point was, if the person merging is doing the right thing, there would never be any sort of crash.

They are supposed to wait until there’s an opening or a chance to SAFELY merge into oncoming traffic.

I know, and my point was that two young women were too stubborn to do the right thing, neither backed down and so there was a completely preventable crash.

My Dad told me when I first started driving that it didn't matter who has the right of way when you're about to get in a wreck. He was right.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Your dad is a wise man. I keep telling my wife that some day when I don’t have anywhere to be and nothing better to do, I’m gonna get a beater truck and start letting people run in to me. Twice in one day last week, I had drivers turn off a side street into “my” lane and come at me head on. We aren’t even talking one way streets. If I hadn’t hit the brakes, both would have run right into my. Fortunately for them, I like and still need my truck and had places I needed to be.

Posts: 10784 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“ My Dad told me when I first started driving that it didn't matter who has the right of way when you're about to get in a wreck. He was right.”

After 50 years I remember my dad’s words exactly: “having the right of way doesn’t do you any good if you’re dead”.

Used the same line when teaching my nephews to drive. Wink

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Bad drivers can be found in all kinds of cars. Here, the worst offenders are red light runners. A Mustang driver came close to causing an accident by doing so as the cross traffic was starting to move into the intersection. Other douchebags include, but aren't limited to, "ricer" cars and large, often diesel and lifted, pickup trucks, both with loud-ass exhausts. There aren't enough Teslas here to form an opinion on their drivers.

Posts: 27778 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
When I was in junior high we moved to Montgomery AL. Dad was stationed at Maxwell AFB.

After a few months he was so pissed at how bad the drivers were that he bought a beat up POS Olds Delta 88. Late 60s version I think. He said "I'm sick of worrying about these assholes running into and damaging my car, so I'm just going to drive this POS and if they hit me, oh well."

It worked well and the car got dinged a few times but it was primer gray and a tank so who cared.

Sadly that winter we got a hard freeze and since the coolant system was filled with water it all froze and the engine blocked cracked and that was the end of that car.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I don't see many Teslas around the Mobile area. I've seen a few but not many. We just came back from various parts of Florida and noticed a lot of Teslas on the road during the trip. I had no idea they were that popular. I didn't really notice any exceptionally bad driving from the Tesla crowd. If I had to pick one type of vehicle that was the most irritating on the highways for this particular trip (I-10, I-75, I-4, Florida Turnpike), it would be mini-vans.

十人十色

Posts: 2102 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post