SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Publisher's Clearing House just called
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Publisher's Clearing House just called Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
and I've won Five Million Dollars!

Which is a pretty good trick, considering I've never entered.

Wife didn't bite so the "Manager" is going to call back. I have my answer all rehearsed:

"I'm old, not stupid!" Click...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
and I've won Five Million Dollars!

Which is a pretty good trick, considering I've never entered.

Wife didn't bite so the "Manager" is going to call back. I have my answer all rehearsed:

"I'm old, not stupid!" Click...

Naw ... just Eff with them for a while .... have some fun. Smile

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You couldn't have, I won it last week!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
You couldn't have, I won it last week!

See, I KNEW it was a scam! Razz Big Grin

Congratulations!

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
When I won a few years ago I got cash and a new Mercedes. The Jamaican scammer even asked me if I wanted their camera crew to record the celebration.

As soon as I paid the 7k duty fee the car would be delivered.

I told him to just deduct it from my winnings, then hung up.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite all time scam communication was an e-mail I got that managed to evade my spam filter. It said I had won two billion dollars in an internet lottery that I never entered. Not a typo. It said two billion with a 'B'.

Posts: 1035 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
My favorite all time scam communication was an e-mail I got that managed to evade my spam filter. It said I had won two billion dollars in an internet lottery that I never entered. Not a typo. It said two billion with a 'B'.

A billion here, a billion there...pretty soon you're talking real money!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
When I won a few years ago I got cash and a new Mercedes.

^^^^ this, from what I recall, it was 2 mil(?) plus a Mercedes Benz.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a call from PC a couple of months ago . I had won a Ford F-150 pickup . Cash and a gas card . They wanted me to go buy two Visa giftcards to give to the driver when he delivered the truck . Said it was to cover the registration . He had a very long and detailed spiel prepared . Funny thing , I could hear children playing in the background . I played along for a good thirty minutes and then told him it was a scam and I was done .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Tell them you'll accept if Ed McMahon delivers the supersized check in person for a photo op.

(Ed McMahon was never a spokesperson for Publishers Clearing House.)
(He has been dead for 13 years.)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even the actual PCH is fake, IMO. They can't possibly be making those kinds of payouts. It just doesn't add up.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They call me at least once a week. And those "your warranty has expired" call me three times a day sometimes but never less than once a week for the last 10 years. I never had an extended auto warranty so how did it expire?

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Called me twice today but it was 14 million and a new MB vehicle. Call was blocked but they left voicemail. Asshats!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a call at 03:10 this morning . " Chase Bank " . The nice lady on the recording said that my debit card had been locked and ..." Nobody has ever called me at that hour unless it was bad news .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post