SIGforum
Publisher's Clearing House just called

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4190047194

May 03, 2022, 12:08 PM
PHPaul
Publisher's Clearing House just called
and I've won Five Million Dollars!

Which is a pretty good trick, considering I've never entered.

Wife didn't bite so the "Manager" is going to call back. I have my answer all rehearsed:

"I'm old, not stupid!" Click...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
May 03, 2022, 12:29 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
and I've won Five Million Dollars!

Which is a pretty good trick, considering I've never entered.

Wife didn't bite so the "Manager" is going to call back. I have my answer all rehearsed:

"I'm old, not stupid!" Click...

Naw ... just Eff with them for a while .... have some fun. Smile
May 03, 2022, 01:47 PM
Excam_Man
You couldn't have, I won it last week!

May 03, 2022, 02:35 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
You couldn't have, I won it last week!

See, I KNEW it was a scam! Razz Big Grin

Congratulations!

May 03, 2022, 02:37 PM
RogB
When I won a few years ago I got cash and a new Mercedes. The Jamaican scammer even asked me if I wanted their camera crew to record the celebration.

As soon as I paid the 7k duty fee the car would be delivered.

I told him to just deduct it from my winnings, then hung up.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
May 03, 2022, 02:50 PM
Fed161
My favorite all time scam communication was an e-mail I got that managed to evade my spam filter. It said I had won two billion dollars in an internet lottery that I never entered. Not a typo. It said two billion with a 'B'.
May 03, 2022, 03:01 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
My favorite all time scam communication was an e-mail I got that managed to evade my spam filter. It said I had won two billion dollars in an internet lottery that I never entered. Not a typo. It said two billion with a 'B'.

A billion here, a billion there...pretty soon you're talking real money!

May 03, 2022, 04:19 PM
Excam_Man
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
When I won a few years ago I got cash and a new Mercedes.

^^^^ this, from what I recall, it was 2 mil(?) plus a Mercedes Benz.

May 03, 2022, 04:28 PM
selogic
I got a call from PC a couple of months ago . I had won a Ford F-150 pickup . Cash and a gas card . They wanted me to go buy two Visa giftcards to give to the driver when he delivered the truck . Said it was to cover the registration . He had a very long and detailed spiel prepared . Funny thing , I could hear children playing in the background . I played along for a good thirty minutes and then told him it was a scam and I was done .
May 04, 2022, 01:34 PM
Eponym
Tell them you'll accept if Ed McMahon delivers the supersized check in person for a photo op.

(Ed McMahon was never a spokesperson for Publishers Clearing House.)
(He has been dead for 13 years.)
May 04, 2022, 08:36 PM
egregore
Even the actual PCH is fake, IMO. They can't possibly be making those kinds of payouts. It just doesn't add up.
May 04, 2022, 10:26 PM
bronsht
They call me at least once a week. And those "your warranty has expired" call me three times a day sometimes but never less than once a week for the last 10 years. I never had an extended auto warranty so how did it expire?
May 04, 2022, 10:37 PM
bald1
Called me twice today but it was 14 million and a new MB vehicle. Call was blocked but they left voicemail. Asshats!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 05, 2022, 10:04 AM
selogic
I got a call at 03:10 this morning . " Chase Bank " . The nice lady on the recording said that my debit card had been locked and ..." Nobody has ever called me at that hour unless it was bad news .