SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx Tracking Sucks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx Tracking Sucks Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
Had an order coming from Brownells that required a signature to get delivered, got a tracking notice that it would be delivered Monday the 26th. That was great for me. Next day I got a notice that delivery was rescheduled to Tuesday the 27th. That was unacceptable.

Then a couple of days later I got a notice that it was rescheduled again and would be delivered on Friday the 23rd. That was great except the best they could do for a time was somewhere between 8AM and 8PM which sucked. Stayed around the house all day and it never showed.

So Saturday the 24th I got a notice it was rescheduled yet again to Monday the 26th. A few hours later, it was delivered on Saturday the 24th.

That's at least as bad as USPS for tracking.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a similar thread for UPS
Seems like shipping altogether has gone to hell in a hand basket
I’m old enough to remember when you paid for expedited shipping that shit always was on time except blizzards, tornados, or some other reasonable weather incident.

For crying out loud, even Amazon prime was 2 day for everything, now, shit some stuff is weeks out.

Hell in a hand basket I say.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm not having a problem with Amazon here in Gilbert, I've got Prime and I typically get next day or 2 day, about half of each.

Got stuff arriving today I ordered yesterday afternoon around 4:30PM.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
All tracking is freakin worthless now.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Not necessarily. UPS tracking has been flawless for me for a long time.

posted Hide Post
My success ratio with FedEx tracking compared to UPS and the USPS is dismal. They all occasionally have issues, but FedEx has been a bust the majority of the time.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

So why didn’t you select UPS for delivery then?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Most retailers are set-up to use one of the delivery companies.
So most of the time your limited to the delivery company who gives the retailer the best deals.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

It was Brownells and they didn't offer me a choice of who to use for delivery or I would have.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
USPS’s tracking makes Fed-Ex’s look positively super high tech and competent, it’s a literal joke.

Amazon’s tracking is almost scary: “your package is one block away” and you can watch the dot move on your screen.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
USPS’s tracking makes Fed-Ex’s look positively super high tech and competent, it’s a literal joke.

Amazon’s tracking is almost scary: “your package is one block away” and you can watch the dot move on your screen.

And it's accurate too. Obviously a GPS in every delivery vehicle.

posted Hide Post
Did you notice when it actually shipped vs when the label was printed? I've had that happen a lot recently with both carriers because the shipper will print the label but then not actually ship the order for 3-4 days.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
Did you notice when it actually shipped vs when the label was printed? I've had that happen a lot recently with both carriers because the shipper will print the label but then not actually ship the order for 3-4 days.

It shipped on the day they said it would according to the tracking.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:

and sometimes the carrier will not or does not scan the preprinted label like they should,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a FedEx delivery that was supposed to happen today. I heard a truck outside mid day and it was FedEx but no package was left. Then I got the email around 4:30 that "delivery was attempted but no one was available".

Yeah, I was in my home office maybe 20 feet from the front door the entire day. No doorbell ring, no knock. Seems the delivery person forgot to drop off my package and got back to the depot with it, then claimed the attempt.

I called FedEx and told them that this is a lie and that if there is a mistake made I expect it to be admitted. An error causing an extra day is acceptable, but claiming I was not available to receive the package when no actual attempt was made is unacceptable.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS has worked pretty good for me.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fed Ex guy showed up the next day. I went outside and he handed me the package and said no signature needed. I said, oh I thought it needed one since yesterday it wasn't deliverable...

Today's package was left on the porch no issues. Maybe he had a bad day the other day.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I really dislike Fed Ex anymore. Yes, their tracking sucks, and they ship to hubs not local to my location, then backtrack the route and it takes forever. Supposed to get a package yesterday, and their tracking just shows where it initially shipped, then finally to my state, now en route. Should have shipped to my state directly in the first place. They’ve even ‘lost’ a package last year, luckily seller reimbursed us with his insurance claim.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They strike again.

Supposed to have a package delivered Sat, no show.
Didn't really think it'd be then, unless they transferred it to USPS.

Now they show it scheduled for Sunday.
Yeah, right, like that's going to happen!

Figure it'll show up Monday.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Okay, my final shipment from Brownells has seemingly disappeared into FedEx hell.

Tracking said it was in Phoenix. then it was going to be delivered Friday. Nothing happened, then it was going to be delivered Monday. Then it was going to be delivered Saturday Instead.

It never showed Saturday or Sunday or Monday. Now they're saying it's "potentially delayed' and all lettering in the tracking is in Red.

I'm assuming they lost it.