SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I just received a settlement in the Equifax data breach lawsuit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just received a settlement in the Equifax data breach lawsuit. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
$5.21

Any suggestions on how to spend it or should I invest it?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Hookers & Blow

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's how these broad class action suits work.

The jury awards eleventy million dollars.

The attorneys pocket 90% of it as payment for their grossly inflated "legal expenses".

Then a hundred million people pile in to sign up to get their slice of the remaining few million dollars, with each of them ending up with a few dollars and cents apiece.

In this specific case, the advice from the get-go was to go for the credit monitoring option instead of the cash award option, because the value of the years of free credit monitoring service would far exceed the couple of bucks you were going to get in cash.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
That's a nice amount. I framed my check from a class action lawsuit from Chase in 2001. .53 cents.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about blowing it all on a dozen eggs.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I got mine today: $5.20. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6368 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Jim got an extra cent. You got robbed.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
He must have suffered a much greater data loss than I did.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6368 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Wonder what it cost to process and mail a check for $5.20? ore more to the point what the lawyers charge to do that?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I got over 22 bucks! I guess they really screwed up my info. Mad

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Great karma.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only got 41 billion. Morgan and Morgan. I was robbed!

Posts: 17174 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I too got $5.21. Guess it’s better than nothing but it would mean more to me if these cocksuckers didn’t have my data to hand out to random hackers

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107251 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Ever feel like your life is a particularly dystopic episode of The Twilight Zone?

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Lawyers always love to claim “it starts with a victim”.

What they leave out is “our big payday” then “it starts with a victim”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The last "settlement" I received didn't even come in the form of a check, it went in as a credit to my PayPal account, which I don't even use.

A whopping $2.38

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Mom joined in on a lawsuit against a drug company . She got three checks over a year's time that amounted to nearly 80k .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My Mom joined in on a lawsuit against a drug company . She got three checks over a year's time that amounted to nearly 80k .

What drug was it?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I got $8.79

IMO they need to do a better job of making this not feel like a phishing scam because halfway through registering for the virtual gift card I got a bad feeling about it. It did turn out to be legit though and I added to Amazon as a debit card.

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post