SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I just received a settlement in the Equifax data breach lawsuit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just received a settlement in the Equifax data breach lawsuit. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I got $8.79

I added to Amazon as a debit card.

Pro Tip: Now buy an $8.79 Amazon gift card for you Amazon account with it, and then you can delete the now-empty settlement debit card from your payment options.

That $8.79 Amazon gift card gets added to your Amazon account, and can be used as partial payment on a future Amazon purchase. For example, you order something that costs $15.00, then $8.79 comes off the top from your gift card balance and the remaining $6.21 is charged to your usual credit card or other payment source.

Whereas just using your original settlement debit card with $8.79 on it as a payment card on Amazon means that you can only purchase something that totals $8.79 or less with it. And you're unlikely to hit $8.79 on the nose, so you'll end up buying something that costs $8 or so and then be left with some remaining cents sitting on that card unused.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My Mom joined in on a lawsuit against a drug company . She got three checks over a year's time that amounted to nearly 80k .

What drug was it?
Let me think . My Mom had Bladder cancer and I know that played a part in the whole thing . Seems like it was Actos but I'm not 100% sure . It rings a bell .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I got $22.83. 2 rolls of quarters for laundry money, the rest goes into the change bucket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definition of a class action suit is when you get $12 and the lawyer gets a professional basketball team.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It was pretty widely published that those choosing $ would get very little. After discussions here I went with the credit monitoring. The email for it actually looked fake. It took months to get a new one sent with the access code.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Me too! $5.21! I feel rich!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$5.21 for me too. Now scouring the classifieds for a good used private jet!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
You should call JG Wentworth

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Steve Lehto, Lehtos Law, I really enjoy his channel.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post