SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Nemesis Got Demoted
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Nemesis Got Demoted Login/Join 
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Congrats on outlasting your nemesis.

When will you be in Vegas? I would welcome a chance to meet up with another SIGFORUM member. I do travel a bit in my retirement, but I'm definitely in town for this:

https://universalwhiskyexperie...ETPmjCQaAmLbEALw_wcB

Posts: 1176 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
Excellent! Congrats on outlasting your nemesis.

When will you be in Vegas? I would welcome a chance to meet up with another SIGFORUM member. I do travel a bit in my retirement, but I'm definitely in town for this:

I'll be at ISA over at the Mandalay Bay convention center April 12-14. It's by invitation only, but I'm staying at the Luxor.

I want to walk up to the SWATCH store at the New York New York.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I’ll be in town that week. Let me know if you want to meet up. I’m not much of a watch guy but I wouldn’t mind checking out the Swatch stuff.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a big surprise today.

I got to promote my assistant and give him a $10K a year raise. He's no longer in training. He's now my official assistant, or as the owner called it, the right man for the job.

I have been tasked with continuing to research technology and implementing it with suitable personnel.

Nemisis thinks she got a promotion. The Department Of No™ is no longer a problem.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice

Do You Know What Nemesis Means?

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Nice

Do You Know What Nemesis Means?

Yes, she had been gunning for me for a while.

LIED about many things behind my back to try and take over my obscenely profitable department.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sorry, was referring to this

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Sorry, was referring to this

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QGsQ2gPzAf4" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That's my all time favorite movie. So many quotable characters and moments!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3588 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

It sounds like its a well-deserved trip

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3820 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too wonder why the bitch hasn't been shit canned. Doesn't this super smart son of the owner see her poisonous infection too? If so why hasn't he strongly urged his father to deep six her?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She's been sent to ride out to retirement.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hopefully, that's not too long.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I am seeing this more and more as women get into positions of power in companies. More often than not they are controlling and intensely political, concerned more about themselves and how they appear to their superiors and higher ranking peers than in doing things right or in the company's best interest. The worst of them shit on and drive away their best people, and hire/promote yes men that are not competent.

I am having similar issues with two female executives that are over things they have no experience in, but I am the corporate subject matter expert. Their bad decisions may harm the company greatly, but saying anything they don't agree with will get you on the shit list.

Glad you won this. But 15 years? Man that's a long time.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My niece works for a HUGE construction company . Worldwide projects . A very attractive young lady was hired and decided to sleep her way up the ladder . So far she has ruined one marriage , at least two careers and the fallout is ongoing . Some folks at the top got wind of the situation and it's probably going to get ugly for a few more management types .

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't dip your pen in the company ink.

Posts: 368 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
All this started when the Government said companies should have at least 10 percent minorities back in the late 70's. The last placed I worked had hired women and placed them in management positions in which they had no experience.

One project made this lady the Project Manager who had a child in day care. This meant she didn't come in until 8:15 or 8:30 and left at 4:00 to go pick the kid up. We had no test plan to test the secure switch.

I had to take over and start testing individual components. Some days towards the end, two of us were working until 12:00 AM to meet the delivery schedule. While I worked on the project more then anyone else, I never got my name on the report.

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Have fun on the trip.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53254 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Something BIG is coming Thursday.

The execs called a meeting for all the managers and I was specifically asked to attend by the owner. They are flying in the reps and planners. The managers are about to have a new JR exec over them.

My progress hasn't gone unnoticed since Nemesis™ has been de-fanged. She had been torpedoing my advance for years and they now know it. She managed to start three fights last week alone, THEN started her shit with the VP over me being in a pre-production meeting. Her job is ONLY to proof quotes for mistakes and consistency. She's no longer a manager. Hasn't been for a while.

My retribution will be draconian.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order Sixty-Six

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14174 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Something BIG is coming Thursday.

The execs called a meeting for all the managers and I was specifically asked to attend by the owner. They are flying in the reps and planners. The managers are about to have a new JR exec over them.

My progress hasn't gone unnoticed since Nemesis™ has been de-fanged. She had been torpedoing my advance for years and they now know it. She managed to start three fights last week alone, THEN started her shit with the VP over me being in a pre-production meeting. Her job is ONLY to proof quotes for mistakes and consistency. She's no longer a manager. Hasn't been for a while.

My retribution will be draconian.

I don’t understand how this woman still has a job if she’s such a disaster and everyone hates her? Is she somehow protected at least up till now?

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post