SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Relaxed" jeans/pants suck
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Relaxed" jeans/pants suck Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I'm a long waisted guy whose inseam is just 27-28". Any pair of pants I get that is termed "relaxed" appears to have been made by Omar the Tent Maker. Red Face There is enough room in the ass and thighs to fit a sweet young thing in there with me (a notion that holds great appeal for this old fogey! HA! Big Grin ).
A friend who is much taller has commented that his too are ridiculous. His wife says they look like he took a dump in them as the ass area is so big and baggy. What the hell is the attraction with these? MC Hammer baggy balloon pants went out after his run in the '90s. Gesh Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Am I alone here in this opinion?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have a short inseam. I don't buy relaxed fit. I don't buy regular fit. I buy slim fit.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wore relaxed fit carpenter for years until my employer forced us to go to uniforms. I don't have your problems, but I have a 34" inseam and go 270. I don't understand the guys with skinny jeans. Looks like they're wearing their sister's pants.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I only wear relaxed fit jeans because I'm fat. Maybe try putting on a few more pounds and see if it fits better.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Whatever jeans I buy, I have them tailored, only way to get them to fit right.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My last couple jeans purchases have been TX Jeans, regular fit. They changed something between my 2 purchases & the latest are more like slim fit, noticeably snugger in the thighs.
Considering trying a pair of their relaxed fit next.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It's not easy to find decent jeans with 36 1/2" inseam.

Very limited choices with a vehicle, that gives me reasonable legroom, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

This. Applies to a lot of clothes, but definitely pants.

Find a good tailor (hopefully reasonably priced) and just consider alterations a cost of the purchase.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

This. Applies to a lot of clothes, but definitely pants.

Find a good tailor (hopefully reasonably priced) and just consider alterations a cost of the purchase.

In my younger days and especially with my military uniforms, things got tailored.
But now at my advanced age, it just doesn't pass my sanity check. Many might argue this but that's how I see it.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
At this point in the sum of revolutions around the class G star knows as "Sol", my only concern with clothing is that I must wear it in public to avoid hassle and subsequent arrest of myself...

But fashion, fad, trend nor stare, don't confront me no more.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

At this point in the sum of revolutions around the class G star knows as "Sol", my only concern with clothing is that I must wear it in public to avoid hassle and subsequent arrest of myself...

But fashion, fad, trend nor stare, don't confront me no more.
I have a pair of Carhartt shorts that I really like, and wear more than any others. Fraying, fading, and that style has been discontinued so I can't replace them. I'll probably end up making the Publix run when the shorts are nothing but a few threads.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
snip
I have a pair of Carhartt shorts that I really like, and wear more than any others. Fraying, fading, and that style has been discontinued so I can't replace them. I'll probably end up making the Publix run when the shorts are nothing but a few threads.

[Paul Harvey voice]
And now you know the rest of the story.

You see Carhart did make Daisy Duke shorts for a brief while. Sales weren't what was expected so they were discontinued. Little did V-Tail know they would be his favorites.

[/Paul Harvey voice] Big Grin Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

You see Carhart did make Daisy Duke shorts for a brief while. Sales weren't what was expected so they were discontinued. Little did V-Tail know they would be his favorites.
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what the choices are but I just buy pants that allow the boys to breathe. At my age, it’s unbecoming to squeal when the boys get squeezed. Currently vertx phantom lt. what I hate is that they come in almost every size combination except mine.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I retired , the company provided FR shirts and jeans . Relaxed fit Lee jeans were comfortable but my wife said they looked terrible on me . As soon as I retired she told me to get my ass in the truck , we're going jean shopping .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relaxed is the PC term for what used to be called Husky.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Relaxed fit can be hit or miss. Comfort fit seem to always fit that way.

I’ve noticed most of mine look too baggy in general.

It probably looks worse due to those skinny jeans a lot of people wear.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeans have always been an issue for me. I am portly with skinny legs. I found a pair of Polo jeans that fit me just right. I bought 3 pair and I'm hoping to be buried in the 3rd pair while they are brand new.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Maybe try a pair of Wrangler 47MWZ jeans.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post