SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Home Depot forces shelf check out then employee watch you like a hawk
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Depot forces shelf check out then employee watch you like a hawk Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
Shrink at Home Depot is 2 Billion a year. They actually need to do more to stop it. It's not all theft but there is plenty that is.

I've had more than one HD/Lowes clerk tell me that losses from theft are very high, so much so that they said it was stupid for the company not to try to stop it. Lots of thieves in the ranks of the general population. As an aside, my personal theory is these are the SAME people who fail to return a wallet or purse stuffed with cash to its owner, keep incorrect change given to them by mistake, and worst of all, flee after accidentally running over someone in their vehicle.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I get a chuckle from the thread title:

“Home Depot forces shelf check out then employee watch you like a hawk”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with my HD. I push my cart up and ask the lady to key me for Veteran discount, she always thanks me for my service. If I've got heavy items she'll ask if I'd like assistance. My wife is there a lot more than me, garden stuff, and feels the same way.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can watch me all you want, what you can't do it stop me at the door and go over my receipt. I am nice about it but I am not stopping as I walk out the door for you to double check me. I will let you do it at Sams Club because I agreed to your rules when I joined. Anywhere else, if you think I stole something then call the cops and hope you are right.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if really really wealthy people ever walk up to the self checkout with their $350.00 sink , hand the watchers $300.00 and just wait for them to git'er done

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54686 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like using self checkout as I don't shop for much stuff. To me, my time is more valuable than some shitty idea of "it's not my job to check myself out..." I'd rather waste my time doing something I enjoy than standing in line.

Posts: 13145 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My local Walmart is now doing the whole Costco-style “I need to see your receipt” routine on the way out to almost everyone now. In the past it was very random or not at all but they must have a big shoplifting problem because now that’s being done and even more stuff is now locked up.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post