SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NRA Scam?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Scam? Login/Join 
posted
I am seeing this too often, for it to be an honest mistake. It started with gun magazine subscriptions. Sometimes you get a subscription renewal months before it is due to expire or 4-6 weeks after you renew, you get a second renewal notice, apparently in the hope that you won't remember, that you have already renewed. It's a way to get you signed up for two years instead of one.
Well yesterday, I get a notice from the NRA, that my membership is due for renewal. Never mind the fact, that I sent them a check for renewal 6 weeks ago, at the end of June. So were I not paying attention and sent them a second check, they would graciously extend my membership for another year, while getting the money a year early. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the NRA's desperate need for funds.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'll never forget the NRA rep who told me he could get me a great deal if I renewed my LIFE membership with him today.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16250 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
While it's POSSIBLE that they just hadn't fully processed your renewal yet, NRA has a long history of jumping the gun on renewal notices. I usually renew for 3 years at a time, and it's never more than 6 months later before I start getting the "Renew now before your membership expires!" mailings. It's annoying, not to mention wasteful.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's not just the NRA, it's everywhere.

The biggest one is car warranties, closely followed by appliance warranties.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Could be a scam if it was not generated by the NRA.
Or could be just that one dept. isn't paying attention to the other or it it just bulk advertising.
Not a big deal if just an email.

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He must have been personally trained by LaPierre.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Last week I received Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) stamped envelopes for August, September and October donations.

So what is a catchy phrase to place in the envelope each month...WAYNE....BYE BYE, WAYNE NEEDS A WALKER?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

My grandfather did that with Reader's Digest. Somehow they sent him enough renewal notices that my mom had 11 years, yes 11 years of them coming. I tried to call but got nowhere with them.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
right now I'm very disappointed in the NRA.

on a key State initiative, they were asleep at the wheel.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
AAA recently hit my credit for the yearly renewal 2 MONTHS early.

Pissed me off because I could have sworn I was not on any sort of auto renewal, and 2 months early.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
About two years ago got a case of the "go go rouge" and returned a membership renewal notice ( cut up to small size bits) with a note to not contact me till brother wayne was shown the door... Guess what??? Last week recieved a membership request notice and guess who"s signature was on the letter. Yes it was signed by brother wayne. .... Placed in the round filing storage container!!!!! .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a renewal notice, too... three years early. I didn't even open it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2063 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’re not getting a dime out of me. LaPierre can kiss my ass!

Posts: 882 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Something is real fishy at NRA. All the money going in, and very little on return.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post