SIGforum
NRA Scam?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3830041494

August 14, 2022, 10:33 PM
NK402
NRA Scam?
I am seeing this too often, for it to be an honest mistake. It started with gun magazine subscriptions. Sometimes you get a subscription renewal months before it is due to expire or 4-6 weeks after you renew, you get a second renewal notice, apparently in the hope that you won't remember, that you have already renewed. It's a way to get you signed up for two years instead of one.
Well yesterday, I get a notice from the NRA, that my membership is due for renewal. Never mind the fact, that I sent them a check for renewal 6 weeks ago, at the end of June. So were I not paying attention and sent them a second check, they would graciously extend my membership for another year, while getting the money a year early. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the NRA's desperate need for funds.
August 14, 2022, 10:48 PM
kkina
I'll never forget the NRA rep who told me he could get me a great deal if I renewed my LIFE membership with him today.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
August 15, 2022, 04:56 AM
henryaz

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

When in doubt, mumble
August 15, 2022, 08:17 AM
Expert308
While it's POSSIBLE that they just hadn't fully processed your renewal yet, NRA has a long history of jumping the gun on renewal notices. I usually renew for 3 years at a time, and it's never more than 6 months later before I start getting the "Renew now before your membership expires!" mailings. It's annoying, not to mention wasteful.
August 15, 2022, 08:18 AM
Flash-LB
Yep, it's not just the NRA, it's everywhere.

The biggest one is car warranties, closely followed by appliance warranties.
August 15, 2022, 12:46 PM
smschulz
Could be a scam if it was not generated by the NRA.
Or could be just that one dept. isn't paying attention to the other or it it just bulk advertising.
Not a big deal if just an email.
August 15, 2022, 12:48 PM
NK402
He must have been personally trained by LaPierre.
August 24, 2022, 02:19 PM
Last week I received Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) stamped envelopes for August, September and October donations.

So what is a catchy phrase to place in the envelope each month...WAYNE....BYE BYE, WAYNE NEEDS A WALKER?

August 24, 2022, 03:13 PM
Jamess1
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

It is not new. Back in the 1990s, our Dad gave each of us 3 kids annual subscriptions to National Geographic, for Christmas. Then they started sending him this accelerated renewal crap. He was older and did not recognize/remember, so by the time he passed, we continued receiving the magazine for another 5 years.

My grandfather did that with Reader's Digest. Somehow they sent him enough renewal notices that my mom had 11 years, yes 11 years of them coming. I tried to call but got nowhere with them.
November 12, 2022, 11:45 AM
radioman
right now I'm very disappointed in the NRA.

on a key State initiative, they were asleep at the wheel.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
November 12, 2022, 10:41 PM
OKCGene
AAA recently hit my credit for the yearly renewal 2 MONTHS early.

Pissed me off because I could have sworn I was not on any sort of auto renewal, and 2 months early.
November 14, 2022, 12:46 PM
drill sgt
About two years ago got a case of the "go go rouge" and returned a membership renewal notice ( cut up to small size bits) with a note to not contact me till brother wayne was shown the door... Guess what??? Last week recieved a membership request notice and guess who"s signature was on the letter. Yes it was signed by brother wayne. .... Placed in the round filing storage container!!!!! .................. drill sgt.
November 15, 2022, 11:34 PM
whanson_wi
I just got a renewal notice, too... three years early. I didn't even open it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
December 06, 2022, 09:42 PM
400m
They’re not getting a dime out of me. LaPierre can kiss my ass!
December 06, 2022, 09:54 PM
IrishWind
Something is real fishy at NRA. All the money going in, and very little on return.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!