SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why Oh Why Can’t People Stay On THEIR Side Of The Road?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Oh Why Can’t People Stay On THEIR Side Of The Road? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Texting drivers are particularly egregious but talking drivers can be spectacularly dangerous as well. Some can do it. Others are driving in the #1 lane doing less than the speed limit and weaving in / out of their lane. No different than texting.

Agree - these people need to be removed from the road. I consider them worse than drunk drivers - not excusable but at least their decision making is impaired when they drive (again, zero tolerance for them and they just shouldn't drink to impairment). But texting / phone use - no impairment when deciding to do so just completely negligent and reckless.

Text / ohone use should be penalized worse than drunk driving.

The driver of the car in tator's pic. I would have stopped to render aid. But the driver deserved whatever injuries sustained - no sympathy from me. Could've killed someone.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Or when making a left turn and cutting the corner so much that they turn across the opposite lane on the road they're leaving and almost in to the opposite road they're turning on to.

Make a wide turn, assholes. Don't cross in to the opposite lane on a left turn.

That was my drive yesterday. The road into and out of my neighborhood joins both the state road and the front circle of the neighborhood at an angle. "Wide turn to make up for the road angle?" Ain't nobody got time 'fo that. The sloppy drivers start their left turn in their oncoming lane and have half their car in the oncoming lane once they've turned. You don't dare pull up to the stop sign with someone turning left in front of you because they'll take off your driver's side front bumper.

Oh sure. They know how to make a wide turn from a left turn lane in a perfectly perpendicular, square intersection. They freaking swing wide-right into your lane as you're passing them on their right.

The South Florida zombie slalom from FLL to WBP on I-95? Don't miss it. Either cell phone users or elderly who can't see over the steering wheel.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Make a wide turn, assholes. Don't cross in to the opposite lane on a left turn.

People seem to thing they have to fade into the opoposite lane just to navigate a turn. Our son investigated an accident where the driver went left of center to make a turn. They sideswiped on on coming car then hit another car as they tried to complete their turn.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That would be particularly dangerous on a stretch of road I drive every day. It is narrow with painted lines but no shoulders and has a guard rail with a steep embankment on one side and a limestone bluff on the other. If somebody crosses into your lane you have NO place to go.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post