SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why Oh Why Can’t People Stay On THEIR Side Of The Road?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Oh Why Can’t People Stay On THEIR Side Of The Road? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Has anyone else seen a big increase in this phenomenon? Is it because so many people are driving these huge SUVs and pick up trucks and can’t see where the hell they are on the road? Or are they too busy playing on their goddamn phone?

Every day now several times a day it seems I have people either driving beside me on a two lane road or coming the opposite way at me AND THEIR FREAKING TIRES ARE IN MY LANE! I’m not talking just a tiny bit over the line, I’m talking about tires fully over the line into my lane by 10 inches to a foot and a half.

It’s maddening that I’m constantly having to take evasive action because these stupid assholes can’t manage to keep their vehicle between two lines on the damn road!

WTF! Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cell phones?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Too easy to pass a driving test. In Germany it costs thousands of dollars and a year or better of training to get your license. There, they know how to drive. I have driven the autobahn 3 times and it was a drivers dream with people who were decent drivers.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My drive in this morning. ETA, looks like they have to approve the video before they post it

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cell Phones, drove up to Daytona and back yesterday, several people all over the roads, drive by and yep there's the cell phone.

Oblivious to the danger they pose and how bad they drive when on the phone.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Anytime Mrs. Flash and I are on the road and we see someone drifting in and out of their lane but going the same way as, we look in their vehicle as we pass them (yes, they're always going slow also) and every time, they've got a cell phone in their hand.

It's a $500.00 ticket here in Arizona but nobody seems to care.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Germans say, or used to, "When you buy a Mercedes you also buy the right of way." I think the American version has to do with the size of the vehicle. Out here in the sticks, you get farmer's wives in duallies they can't drive, or Pa Kettle trying to figue out the complexities of driving in a town with a population of 30k.

I used to laugh at the University of Ky Medical Center garage. At least twice a week, Pa Kettle would pull up the the arm and wait, totally ignoring the brightly lit button that said, "Push." I'd shut my truck off and walk over and help them out.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My drive in this morning.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about here Red Face

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Every time I go out it’s the same. I’ve gotten back in the habit of driving my 2006 Camry with 341k miles everywhere I go. At least when some douche canoe on a phone finally does hit me, it won’t be a great loss.

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
This is just about every day where I live in central Florida.
You see people either going under the speed limit or drifting out of their lane. As I pass they have their head burred in their phone.
I watched a guy the other day doing 45 miles an hour in the middle lane on interstate 4. He drove into the right lane several times. He would look up then move back to the middle. You would think after the first time he would have put the phone down,nope.
Unfortunately my Bluetooth in my car does not work properly other wise I would have called FHP.
Several months ago I watched some one drive off the road on to the shoulder several times. Same thing, head buried in their phone.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I drove onto somebody's lawn to avoid being hit head-on young female driving an Amazon delivery truck in our neighborhood, speed limit 15 mph. She had her face stuck in a phone or tablet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I see other drivers wandering all over the road a lot. You can't tell whether they're texting or drunk until you're on top of them. I give them a wide berth and keep one eye on them continuously until I'm past them. 99.99% of the time, they've got their nose buried in their phone. Idiots.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phones just like everyone else is saying.
One of my truck drivers retired about 2 months ago and before I hired anyone, I drove for a bit. Not OTR but N.E. Ohio and Western PA. It was crazy how many people I saw on their phones while driving.
Not paying attention, left of center or almost into a ditch.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Or when making a left turn and cutting the corner so much that they turn across the opposite lane on the road they're leaving and almost in to the opposite road they're turning on to.

Make a wide turn, assholes. Don't cross in to the opposite lane on a left turn.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This is a huge problem in NW Montana during the summer. If you want to play the license plate game, you could fill your card almost daily. Our roads are designed for about half the traffic we are seeing now.

Last week we saw a couple cars that were in a head-on near the loop at Going to the Sun road. It’s a 25 mph speed limit and at least one of the cars was totaled. Insanity.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A friend from church posted this yesterday about his drive from Houston to Waco:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texting drivers are typically very easy to spot, because there driving matches that of someone who is pretty drunk. IMO the Law for driving while texting should be IDENTICAL to the laws in place for DUI. First offense lose you license. Second offense lose you licenses and spend some time in the County Jail. Third offense and you get to spend 5 years or more in a State Prison, where you will hopefully get gang raped at least once a week.

Yeah, Texting Drivers really piss me off, just as much as Drunk Drivers.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yeah the morning commute seems to have a lot of these morons.

They've got a cup of coffee in one hand, sausage biscuit in the other, and using their knees to nudge the steering wheel.

Then there are the women driving while putting their makeup on.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texting drivers are much more dangerous than drunk drivers. At least the drunks are trying to keep their eyes on the road ahead of them.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Texting drivers are typically very easy to spot, because there driving matches that of someone who is pretty drunk. IMO the Law for driving while texting should be IDENTICAL to the laws in place for DUI. First offense lose you license. Second offense lose you licenses and spend some time in the County Jail. Third offense and you get to spend 5 years or more in a State Prison, where you will hopefully get gang raped at least once a week.

Yeah, Texting Drivers really piss me off, just as much as Drunk Drivers.

Been talking about this for years on this forum. I want instant arrest, same as a DUI. And all the same penalties. It’s rampant behavior and I’m driving less than I ever have now. Just too dangerous unless it’s somewhere I have to go, or I’m in/on a very powerful machine where I’ve got severe power to weight with brakes and handling to match.

I’m telling you, people are crack addicts with the phones and they are everywhere. I see it literally every single time I drive, even if it’s a 2-5 mile drive. I see it every night at the gym, at work, at the grocery store. That phone is a got damn adult pacifier.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post