SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Slice It. Slice It ALL The Way Through
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slice It. Slice It ALL The Way Through Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Fold it over …

That. And toss few extra slices of pepperoni in the middle. It's not pizza if it doesn't have pepperoni on it.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
It could be worse. Fork-split for example.

People who use the side of a fork for a knife should not eat in public.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, the New York fold is your answer. You got big hands, right V-Tail? Big Grin

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I think that's the universe telling you to eat 2 slices at once...
But there's only one slice. It's round and about 14" diameter.

Fold it over …

Like the delicious Italian taco it is.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Yep, the New York fold is your answer. You got big hands, right V-Tail? Big Grin
What if there's rain in the forecast? I don't want to sleep in the backyard.

If they don't slice it all the way through, how am I supposed to share the pizza with my wife?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Kitchen scissors?

Wait...share? Surely you jest.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Wait...share? Surely you jest.
I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I don't need to eat a 14" pizza by myself. Wife is hungry, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The right tool for the job is scissors.

Specifically, these: Wiss heavy-duty titanium scissors

This is SigForum, right? Can't leave a thread without buying something expensive.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
The right tool for the job is scissors.

Specifically, these: Wiss heavy-duty titanium scissors

This is SigForum, right? Can't leave a thread without buying something expensive.

They are only twelve bucks. Surely (Shirley), you can do better than that!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Maybe one of the knife makers in the Essential Edge section can make that right.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This seems in the ‘1st world problems’ category. Yes we like perfection, but twisting that stringy cheese free from the next piece is the norm with pizza. It may also cut better cool, when hot the cheese can reattach.

Yes, more of a crust issue. I have been known to recut the pizza once home. Maybe if two are attached, just eat both.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

twisting that stringy cheese free from the next piece is the norm with pizza.
I'm not bitching about the cheese. I'm talking about the crust -- the foundation -- that has had just the barest acquaintance with the knife. Nowhere enough for a clean separation by hand.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Pizza with the suggestion of slices, sort of scored at the top, like the dotted line on packages that say "Cut Along This Line."

Cut the damn things all the way through, so I can pick a slice up and eat it.

Tell the pizza parlor "Uncut, please."

Poof!!

You have piece of pizza.

Can't do that in Brooklyn.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

What if there's rain in the forecast? I don't want to sleep in the backyard.

If they don't slice it all the way through, how am I supposed to share the pizza with my wife?

...You aren't. She can get her own! Big Grin

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post