SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Local Toyota dealer earns “Stealership” name
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local Toyota dealer earns “Stealership” name Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
And when the "finance manager" tries to sell me extended warranties I often say, "thanks for telling me how unreliable this car is, I expect a car to be trouble free for 100K miles except for normal service so if this car might need this much work between 36K and 60K I don't want to buy it and will get something reliable." They hate that.

You were nicer than I was. When the Toyota guy tried to sell me an extended, I told him, "so you're saying this is a piece of shit? I mean, not that a car salesman would ever lie..." He was not amused Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Quickest way for a dealership or independent shop to get on my bad side is with aftermarket flush services. Last dealership I was at drank the Kool Aid on that. Of course changing the service advisors to 100% commission didn’t help either, they’d sell anything to make a buck.

When a service writer tries pushing those services I tell them that we will get along just fine as long as they don’t try to sell me on those. And if they insist I say “Show me in the owners manual or a factory TSB, not the bulletins that your flush company sends out.”

That usually ends the spiel.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
And when the "finance manager" tries to sell me extended warranties I often say, "thanks for telling me how unreliable this car is, I expect a car to be trouble free for 100K miles except for normal service so if this car might need this much work between 36K and 60K I don't want to buy it and will get something reliable." They hate that.

Went through that at a Ford dealership. I stopped that jackwagon and had him follow me out to the floor where, in a loud voice, I asked the salesman how he could ethically sell me a vehicle they knew would break right after the warranty period ended. Salesman was not too happy and got me a different financial guy.

Second jackwagon tried to slip the additional warranty in without telling me. Guess he thought I wouldn't actually read through everything?

As I was walking out (without the car), I again told the salesman in a loud voice so all other customers could hear; what the second guy just tried and that is why the commission was lost.

I do not like them at all.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post