SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People walking in the road,
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People walking in the road, Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Reason 76 I hate illegals:

They walk in the street here and avoid crosswalks like they cause cancer. I paid for that damn sidewalk, you fucking use it damn it. I think they don't know what the are for. "Hey Hector, why do you think these gringos put a little tiny road next to the road?" "I don't know Juan, they can't even fit a car on it?"

There is one intersection by my house that that they (a lot of people not just the Central Americans) go around the turn and walk down the street instead of using crosswalk and sidewalk. The homeowner has put up tall bushes so people taking a right at that light can't see people walking in the blind turn. Luckily no one has gotten hit there. It will happen one day though I promise. I have come close. I just take the turn at 10MPH now and piss people off on the main street. I am not living with a guilty conscience just because they are idiots.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

They walk in the street here and avoid crosswalks like they cause cancer. I paid for that damn sidewalk, you fucking use it damn it. I think they don't know what the are for. "Hey Hector, why do you think these gringos put a little tiny road next to the road?" "I don't know Juan, they can't even fit a car on it?"

There is one intersection by my house that that they (a lot of people not just the Central Americans) go around the turn and walk down the street instead of using crosswalk and sidewalk. The homeowner has put up tall bushes so people taking a right at that light can't see people walking in the blind turn. Luckily no one has gotten hit there. It will happen one day though I promise. I have come close. I just take the turn at 10MPH now and piss people off on the main street. I am not living with a guilty conscience just because they are idiots.

Why have a guilty conscience about squashing someone who was so self obsessed he or she made the choice to be where the automobiles roam rather than a nice, safe sidewalk? It's just evolution.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Along similar lines, I had a really pretty black girl walk from between two parked cars playing with her cell phone. Lucky for her, I was driving slow and stopped with room to spare. She just about crapped herself. I wish people would
think about their actions a little more.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I was driving on a 2 lane road in town the other day and approached 3 men and a utility truck (the kind with the bucket) which was parked on the left side of the road as I approached (facing me). The roadway was clear, it was daytime, and they all saw me coming from a distance. One of them hustled across when I was around 200 yards away. The other two slow pimped it across, actually slowed down as I made my approach, and were around 3 feet on my side of the yellow line when I changed lanes and continued past. One of them didn't like that I never slowed down (35mph zone), so he actually bowed up and started walking backwards TOWARD my oncoming truck. He looked really angry when I continued unchecked, and assured me I was number one as I made my way on down the road.

For the life of me, can't figure out what it proves to be like that. You'd think that working for the local utility they'd want to make the public NOT hate them.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Why have a guilty conscience about squashing someone who was so self obsessed he or she made the choice to be where the automobiles roam rather than a nice, safe sidewalk? It's just evolution.

If it wasn't my neighborhood, then I wouldn't feel as bad. I know about the dumbshits, therefore whether right/wrong it's my job not to make them go splat. If I didn't know about the risk it's their fault. Either way if someone dies inadvertently under the car I'm driving it would ruin my day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We reside in a rural area we have no side walks thus I walk along side the road facing traffic. Not having a death wish I don't play chicken with on coming logging trucks. What I have noted are distracted drivers pre occupied with other matters besides keep their eyes on the road.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Oh yeah.

Last weekend, visited my son and his wife who live in neighborhood bordering one of Chicago's less "refined" areas.

I needed to make a quick run to the store and two locals just sauntered into the road in front of me, forcing me to slam on the brakes.

I didn't honk because that would be a "trigger" around there. But, I did pull up close to them so they'd know I was there. They just gave me a cold, insolent stare, as if daring me to do something about them blocking traffic.

It's a culture thing, thats all it is.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a guy I worked with many years ago that was driving in the mall parking lot, trying to find a parking place.
There were about 4 thugs and 2 women thugs walking in the middle of the row they were driving in.
My friend was with his wife, sister and brother in law. He lightly tooted his horn so they would move over and he would not hit them. They came up to the car and my friend locked the door, but his brother in law started to get out.

End of the story is that the 4 guys beat the crap out of the two guys in the car and the 2 women beat their wives up.
He found where some of them lived and called the sheriff and they would not do anything even when he tried to swear out a complaint.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I had a guy I worked with many years ago that was driving in the mall parking lot, trying to find a parking place.
There were about 4 thugs and 2 women thugs walking in the middle of the row they were driving in.
My friend was with his wife, sister and brother in law. He lightly tooted his horn so they would move over and he would not hit them. They came up to the car and my friend locked the door, but his brother in law started to get out.

End of the story is that the 4 guys beat the crap out of the two guys in the car and the 2 women beat their wives up.
He found where some of them lived and called the sheriff and they would not do anything even when he tried to swear out a complaint.

Started to type a response, but it may have been used against me in a court of law..... Lets just say there are solutions for that problem.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

Don't forget, if it comes down to it, your automobile is an excellent weapon, especially if a crowd of people all turn violent on you.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Man I'm with you on this one. My development has sidewalks on BOTH sides of the road yet you still get morons walking down the street on the busies street in the development.

Not only are these people morons, they are rude morons.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
No sidewalks here. Big wave and smiles to cars who give my leashed pup a little room.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
People are just fucking stupid these days.

Back at home, where it was majority black, people loved to walk in the middle of the road. It was like a macho thing to them.

In El Paso, the people didn't know how to drive and I saw why. They didn't even know how to walk. Hey, I'm going to walk on the left side of the trail. So how the hell are they going to know how to drive?

Posts: 13094 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
It is all screwed up.

I walk my dogs on the rural road by my home, facing traffic, on the shoulder, and my God, cars will drift over almost to the Edge of pavement on the eide I am walking.

This road is a low vehicle count road. Nowdays, I never let traffic sneak up behind me.

But I do not walk in traffic lanes.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I learned, the hard way, many years ago to always give vehicles the right of way. I don't care what the law says. I don't care if pedestrians or bicycles legally have the right of way. You cannot argue with the Law of Gross Tonnage. Physics works.

When I'm attempting to walk across the street, it aggravates the hell out of me when vehicles stop. I wave them by every single time and the drivers will always give me a dumb look. I've even had them decide not to go by when I wave them by. One fella simply refused. So, for a few minutes, I just stood there with my arms crossed and waited for him to go, waving him on several times. He chose not to. So, I walked behind his vehicle and crossed the street. He couldn't figure it out.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where in the world do people get the idea that everyone is watching out for them ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I learned, the hard way, many years ago to always give vehicles the right of way. ...

Heh. Anyone who walks in front of a car hasn't been hit by a car yet I'll bet.

I had someone stare right at me at an intersection, look the other way and hit the gas. Ow. I'll never forget the feel of the mass of that car. Unless I absolutely have to I don't walk in front of any car being driven. People who wave me across I walk around behind.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Or walking at 10 at night no street lights dressed in all black.

Been there, almost killed that. Cyclists in black with no lights or reflectors, too.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
People who walk or congregate in the street haven't been run over enough.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post